Infiniti FX facelift: Remember the Murano? Yeah, it happened again.

Labcoatguy

Forum Addict
Car(s)
#Jaguar #XKR #XJR, #Saab #9-3 #9-5 #900
Infiniti showed its second-generation FX crossover at the Geneva motor show on Tuesday. A more powerful engine range tops a list of improvements--including a new 5.0-liter, 390-hp V8 to give the FX50 70 hp more than the outgoing FX45?s 4.5-liter engine. The base V6 engine has also been tweaked, but specifications were not released at the introduction.

A seven-speed automatic transmission with manual shift mode replaces the previous five-speed unit.

Infiniti promises improved handling characteristics thanks to a reworked suspension. Customers can also order an optional sport package with a continuous damping suspension system, rear-active steer and 21-inch wheels to further sharpen the FX?s handling.

Safety options include intelligent brake assist, lane departure warning and intelligent cruise control. A distance control assist system automatically releases the throttle and applies the brakes to maintain sufficient distance from the car ahead in traffic.

The 2009 Infiniti FX will be available at dealers in June.
bilde

:puke: Angry Trogdor eyebrows, YET ANOTHER FAKE SIDE VENT that looks more ridiculous than Nelly's cheek bandage and is more pointless, WTF is Nissan's designer thinking, aside from wanting to improve the resale values of current-gen FXs?
Here's the original for good measure. It almost looks restrained and tasteful:
infiniti_fx45_2006.jpg

Last edited:
Other than that fake side vent, I think this is one of the coolest looking thing around.

I love it!

*schedules amdforever's appointment with an optrician*

Is 6pm good for you?

It looks awesome compared to some of the other crossovers/softroaders on the market, though it'd be cool if it was a wagon instead.

TROGDOR!!!! BURNINATE!!!!

Checkin' ma eeeemail!!

Question to the OP:

If consumers dislike the 2009 Murano's looks, why is it at my dealership we never have any in stock because they sell so fast?

:|

That thing is hideous, that vent needs to go. Yuck.

*schedules amdforever's appointment with an optrician*

Is 6pm good for you?

:lol:

Question to the OP:

If consumers dislike the 2009 Murano's looks, why is it at my dealership we never have any in stock because they sell so fast?

:|

Because, like with the current BMW 7-series, it's the pundits rather than the customers who hate the looks. Who cares, customers are stupid :bangin: (SARCASM FLAG, halfway)

Wait, what was wrong with the original? This is just a redesign for the purpose of redesigning something.

If you saw the original today and someone told you that it is a brand new, redesigned 2009 model, you couldn't argue.

On the up side, you can get a maintenance plan that includes regular whitening.

It looks awesome compared to some of the other crossovers/softroaders on the market, though it'd be cool if it was a wagon instead.

The FX *is* the G-series/M-series wagon. :D

Porsche should be worried. This thing is going to cut into what's left of the Cayenne's sales. And, IIRC, the V8 will be faster than all versions of the Cayenne except the absurdly priced Turbo.

I like it! Although there was no need for a second generation yet!

I think the outgoing version looks just as fresh as it did when introduced. Great job on the powerplant and gearbox upgrades; why didn't they just leave it at that? I thought the FX was probably the most attractive SUV out there, at par with the RR Sport.