modernised classic cars

patatuk

Can somebody help me finding companies that modernise classic car?
I am looking something like what is described in the top gear's episode 5
season 6 with the modernised Jaguar e-type (modern cooling, suspension,
breaks etc).

Thanx a lot

There's a few floating about - Knowles-Wilkins Engineering updates the XJS and XJ6/12.

I'm afraid I can't think of any others at the moment, a quick google should bring up something.

Carlsson built 5 SL300 Gullwings with SL55 AMG hardware for some sheikh...I so want one :((

There is a company in the UK that specializes in restoring E-types, Clarkson had one as his #1 in his move "Top 100", and it was featured in the DB5 vs E-type classic test on Top Gear some years ago. Just one word of warning though, they are very expensive...

Anyway, the company in question is Eagle E-types

Carlsson built 5 SL300 Gullwings with SL55 AMG hardware for some sheikh...I so want one :((

I think that's too much. Like May said on the XJ-S test it's not like you can't modify anything on a classic.

"It's a bit like owning a 15th century house: you keep the thatched roof, you keep the leaded glass, but you fit modern central heating, you have one of those smeg fridges. Of course you do, come on!"

But SL55 base in 300SL body is changing the Gullwings character. You are left with original looks only Wouldn't replica body do just fine if the classic looks is all they want. I reckon those Carlsson Gullwings are awesome though.

thank you for your answers..

this E-type is so desirable but nothing like these Carlsson Gullwings
that you described...nothing better than those looks with modern
technology. I really don't know what is best though..To be logical
and buy an indifferent looking modern car or to be a complete lunatic
and give all your money to those beauties? :?

These guys are my favourites, only problem is that they're in kiwi land.

http://www.beacham-jaguar.co.nz

They do all sorts, E-Types, Mk II, ect.m adding the modern supercharged V8's into them, and making them even more mouthwatering.

01.jpg

01.jpg

12.jpg

That Tucker...wow...that could have been a hot rod straight from the 1950's!

PS Autoarts has specialized in taking relatively new 911s (mostly 964s) and turning them into 60s style 911s, and Carrera RS 2,7...

_I7M9629.JPG

_I7M9601.JPG

_I7M9298.JPG

_I7M9402.JPG

364%20MMA%20(2)-002.jpg