The "New Toys" Thread

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/10/Picture017.jpg

80gb of multimedia magnificence! :wub:

:cry::cry::cry: still waiting for mine to come from teh US, damn shipping! *fist shake* i even got the Originals laser cut engraving on the back at no extra cost.

So far I love it and I've developed an addiction to podcasts. :lol: I was thinking about getting the engraving but now they charge for it and I would have to wait another week to get it. It just wasn't worth it to me and it's not like I ever look at the back anyway. Hopefully yours will get to you very soon. It's very much worth the wait.

I sure as hell hope so, btw the podcasts, you get them directly to the player thru wifi? or copy em over like regular music?

The podcasts are handled by the Zune software just like everything else so you can have them sent wirelessly or thru the sync cable. I'm really liking the wireless sync feature because my rear can stay firmly on the couch and I get new stuff sent to the Zune.

As for power's question: in short, yes. I remember laughing at the old Zune because of it's dorky-looking design and stupid interface. That's all changed with the new one (although you can update old Zunes with the new firmware and I have a friend who has done that). The big screen is awesome for videos and photos. Customizable backgrounds make it all look a lot nicer too. The touchpad is really nice for sifting thru long lists of songs. My only complaint is that the Zune software doesn't like to detect files that aren't in the right format. But after some converting it's mostly sorted now. My next goal is to try and correct some tagging issues that the software seems to have created. All in all I'm quite pleased with it.

Last edited:
I'm really liking the wireless sync feature because my rear can stay firmly on the couch and I get new stuff sent to the Zune.

Ah yes, living the American dream.:p

Oh right. I've been looking at getting an mp3 player, 30GB+, so obviously I want an iPod :). It's a shame that Microsoft don't sell Zunes here :(

^ Shipping cost me $36 (with insurance) with a load of extra accessories from the states, cant be much more for you...

I hate how the Zune doesn't have a bloody clock...
Personally that doesn't bother me because I love watches but I can see how it would be annoying for some people. Maybe they'll add one in a firmware upgrade sometime.

I forgot to mention the headphones it comes with. (This is probably starting to sound like spam isn't it? :lol:)They're the first in-the-ear headphones I've ever tried that actually stay in my ear. The cloth cord is nice because it doesn't stick to everything (i.e. your clothes) and pull them out of your ears.

Oh and for Shawn: the song was Age of Innocence. It just now scrolled thru. :p

Last edited:
The clock thing is really pointless if you own a cellphone, or a watch. I never use the one on my current player, cos the only thing you would want it for is an alarm, which obviously would be the local radio, which cant play cos it needs the headpones plugged, and that negates the loudspeaker...

^ pff, what's with the blades, where are the good old dorky looking narrow ones? What's next, blue LEDs? <_<

No my little Finnish friend,

Noctua aims at establishing a new level of quality and performance "Designed in Austria" through paying attention to the users' needs in a market burdened with all kinds of frills and furbelows and providing sound-optimised premium components, which serve their purpose in a smart, precise and reliable manner.

Noctua arises from a cooperation between the Austrian Rascom Computerdistribution Ges.m.b.H and the Taiwanese Kolink International Corporation and entertains a development partnership with the Austrian Institute of Heat Transmission and Fan Technology (?sterreichisches Institut f?r W?rme?bertragung und Ventilatorentechnik, ?IWV). These connections form the key to the achievement of our goal: The partnership with the ?IWV permits the application of scientific measurement instrumentation, methods of calculation and simulation technology in the R&D process. Rascom's long, customer-oriented experience in developing and distributing sound-optimised high-end products ensures a clear focus on the users' needs. The use of Kolink's advanced manufacturing technology and ultra-modern production plants allows us to efficiently implement our technical edge and provide solutions of the highest standard in quality and performance.
The NF-P12 has been specifically developed for applications such as CPU coolers that demand superior pressure and airflow performance. Thanks to psychoacoustic optimizations like the Vortex-Control Notches, the new SCD drive system and Noctua's premium-grade SSO-Bearing, the NF-P12 achieves exceptional quietness and long-term stability.

The vortex-control notches are unique to the NF-P12. These engineering feature is meant to reduce fan noise by interfering with the air vortices that form during fan operation, making the sound more pleasing to the ear

specs1.jpg

This is tecnically new, but only because I sent my old one in under warranty because it was broken, but they couldn't fix it so I got a shiny new one :D

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/11/DSC1121.JPG

My old and faithful 17" LG died this morning, so now i have a 22" wide replacement.

AOC 2216Sa:

2216sa_sideleftweb.jpg

BRB whilst i installs it!