My friends '90 Supra

I get asked this a lot, but I always have no answer other then, keep on shooting.

For me the composition doesn't do it either, its not just that they are too dark/too much contrast. Pick up some reputable car magazines, go online to automotive photographers portfolio's and look at the pictures, try to see what they have done, and what they haven't done.

But other then this I don't know what to tell you. The setting looks ok, not the best place to shoot cars, but you can get some nice shots using the location you have chosen.

At one or two pictures, half the car is in the shadow and the rest in sun light. Make sure the car is either in the shadow or the sunlight.

Try to shoot at sunrise or sunset, this is much better light to shoot cars as there is no hard light hitting the car, and also the skies won't look over exposed as it does in your pictures.

Just keep on taking more and more pictures. Thats the best advice I can give you.

The lightning was not in my control on those, that was the only free time he had. I was hoping the sun would be a bit lower at 4pm, but it still was pretty high. I do respect others work, but too many people just copy copy copy.