Vauxhall's New Badge

Old school....

Vauxhall_Motors_Logo.jpg

Wikipedia (a.k.a. mankind's greatest achievement) said:
The griffin emblem, which is still in use, is derived from the coat of arms of Fulk le Breant, a mercenary soldier who was granted the Manor of Luton for services to King John in the thirteenth century. By marriage, he also gained the rights to an area near London, south of the Thames. The house he built, Fulk's Hall, became known in time as Vauxhall. Vauxhall Iron Works adopted this emblem from the coat of arms to emphasise its links to the local area. When Vauxhall Iron Works moved to Luton in 1905, the griffin emblem coincidentally returned to its ancestral home.

The logo (as pictured) used to be square however now, it is circular (to enable it to fit in the recess designed for the circular Opel emblem).

So, bah! Though I would definitely roll in a Vasataabenal.

P.S. How come GM's most badge-engineered brands have the coolest badges, ironically enough? Holden, Vauxhall, and Saab all have the badass fearsome animal/mythical creature breathing fire, while Opel has the cool lightning bolt. (Saturn just sucks.)

I would so rock a Vasataabenal.

So, bah! Though I would definitely roll in a Vasataabenal.

If that isn't a sign of consumer demand I don't know what is. I hear-by announce the opening of my own Vasataabenal dealership.

We at Argatoga's Friendly Pacific Northwest Vasataabenal offer an exciting collection of cars. From the sporty Skopal GT, to the rugged Vutana 9X, and everything in between!

And remember with every purchase we will provide you with a complementary bottle of vodka for the long journey home at no extra charge!

Fine print: Location subject to change due to police activity, cars may or may not be card board cut-outs, Argatoga's Friendly Pacific Northwest Vasataabenal is not liable for any effect caused by free vodka such as sever nausea, blindness, or death.

Last edited:
And remember with every purchase we will provide you with a complementary bottle of vodka for the long journey home at no extra charge!

....Argatoga's Friendly Pacific Northwest Vasataabenal is not liable for any effect caused by free vodka such as sever nausea, blindness, or death.

I do believe it's illegal to give away alcohol for free in many states away.

Mozilla really needs to get into the carmaking business.

I would buy a Mozilla car.

If we assume that GM is Microsoft IE, then a Mozilla car would be faster, cheaper, better-looking, more fuel-efficient, come with an optional V8 and pickup bed to appeal to Americans, and has a customisable aftermarket service in the form of addons.

Oh, and to recycle an old joke, it'd crash less.

What's not to like?

I demand a Mozilla-Vasataabenal twin test!

:+1:

they should also merge all the company logos into one giant gabrly blob of chrome crappyness!

It'd be the coolest badge ever: a bunch of pissed-off mythical creatures* setting things on fire with their breath with lightning bolts coming out of their manes.

*Yes, kids, apparently lions are now mythical.

It'd be like BlaRo said, two griffins fighting with lightning and one lion hoarding balls in the corner. Do lions really like balls that much? Must be the australian lion.