IceBone, cartoonist

IceBone

Blue Wheel Hipster
Car(s)
Audi A5 Quattro
Based on a collection of quotes from a channel (all scifi related) i've been frequenting just as much as #gear for YEARS now, the owner decided to make a webcomic about them, with characters almost, but not completely, like Dust Puppy from UF. Anyway, since he has absolutely no artistic skill, he's just been piling on crappy sketches and has asked me to start digitizing them. The main website is still under heavy construction (problems with mysql - can anyone help?), but hopefully i'll be dishing out a new issue every weekend or so.

The comic's title is Differently Abled

#1:

01___Mexican_Munitions_by_IceBone.png

#42 (just an excercise to see how the drawing style would cope with a cluttered scene)

comic.png

Any input is greatly apreciated, also anyone who can help with our mysql problem... :cry:

Last edited:
I think its kind of cute, although i am a little hung over.

I actually like the art style.

However the humour must be too esoteric for me.

com?ic /?k?m?k/ [kom-ik] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
?adjective
1. of, pertaining to, or characterized by comedy: comic opera.
2. of or pertaining to a person who acts in or writes comedy: a comic actor; a comic dramatist.
3. of, pertaining to, or characteristic of comedy: comic situations; a comic sense.
4. provoking laughter; humorous; funny; laughable.
?noun
5. a comedian.
6. comic book.
7. comics, comic strips.
8. the comic, the element or quality of comedy in literature, art, drama, etc.: An appreciation of the comic came naturally to her.
I want you to pay close attention to #4.

What is this a thread for n00bs to chirp up and tell someone their work is crap, even though they couldn't do any better?

I love the style of the drawings and the characters are pretty funny looking, but the humour went right over my head. We need more basic visual jokes I think. :)

Keep at it though, I look forward to seeing more, and I would love to be able to draw like that. :D

What is this a thread for n00bs to chirp up and tell someone their work is crap, even though they couldn't do any better?

Nah, they're just the usual IRC jokers. :p

I don't have any real constructive criticism to give, but I do like the clean art style, Ice.

IRC quotes taken out of context aren't interesting... and the images load insanely slow.

Yeah, my ISP doesn't like folks in the states.

#2:

02___One_Person__s_Trash_by_IceBone.png

I'm the dashing fuzzy with the glasses.

Last edited:
K, i've replaced the images (apart from #42, which is not due yet) with deviantart ones.

Don't quit your day job. :p

Also, talking about how cool you are, in a cartoon? :no:

P.S. Stick to making schnaps. Everybody here said it was very good. :p