Mercedes-Benz SLR McLaren Roadster

Martin

Car(s)
2007 VW Golf
Was taking a friend up to Charlotte, NC to check out a Smart 4.2 at one of the larger Mercedes dealers in the area and got some nice eye candy. The nicest being the SLR (of course). Note the no touching sign on the window (I was so desperate to feel up the car), and the classic SL in the background.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/17/slr1.jpg

The second pick is from the other side. Note the AMG S-class in the background. Further down are a pair of C-classes one being an AMG 6.3 like Jeremy tested in Series 10 of TG. Seeing a regular C-class next to the AMG one I have to admit I don't like the AMG one that much in terms of appearance. Way to flashy.

https://pic.armedcats.net/2008/03/17/slr2.jpg

(BTW, these photos are a few weeks old so correct my memory if I mislabeled a car :D )

...What?????

Yes, they are selling Smart Cars in the USA. Interestingly enough they are sold out for the rest of the year and are well on their way to selling out for 2009 as well. :D

I thought its hard top but.....still cool. Last time I saw a smart car drive 85 mph on freeway.....

Looks so cheap with the black tarp top... it might be bearable if the car were a different colour.

Is the 300 SL in the background a roadster or was it the Gullwing?

I saw a Smart ForTwo yesterday....and it was in the ghetto part of Kansas City too!!! LOL

Anyways, the SLR is nice but imo that classic SL in the background is nicer. :D

You know what depresses the shit out of me? The fact that one of the few things Canada got long before the US was the Smart, which has been on sale here for a few years. I mean, we just got satellite radio last week. :rolleyes:

You know what depresses the shit out of me? The fact that one of the few things Canada got long before the US was the Smart, which has been on sale here for a few years. I mean, we just got satellite radio last week. :rolleyes:

I hear you guys are still celebrating the whole "indoor plumbing" thing as well as this newfangled invention known as the "pet rock". :D

^ Well the indoor plumbing thing is a bit of a fib because we've had that since the 60s, but Pet Rocks are pretty new up here. Currently we're awaiting the import of Giga Pets, it took them a while to adapt it for the harsh climate.