Gear To Be Filmed At Marine Corps Air Station El Toro?

Viper007Bond

Chicken Nugget Connoisseur
STAFF MEMBER
Car(s)
2008 Dodge Viper, 2006 MB CLS55 AMG
This is a spin-off of the Adam thread.

Adam Carolla mentioned on Monday's show (about 13:30 in) that he's headed out to El Toro on Thursday to film some stuff for the show until 6 PM. If you live nearby, might be worth peering through the fence to see if you can see anything, hehe.

Its interesting that the American version is also being filmed on an airstrip and not a track.

I wonder if they'll mention that it was one of the aliens' targets in Independence Day :p

aw I was just about to post the interview from the radio show here where he mentioned it. oh well, still cool to hear about it!:thumbsup:

interesting, I live about 20minutes away from the former Air base.. will definitely go check it out come spring break.

interesting, I live about 20minutes away from the former Air base.. will definitely go check it out come spring break.
You should drive out there on Thursday between like one and 6 and see if you can see anything going on, i.e. who's the other host(s). :p

The Church must launch a full-scale investigation!

Doesn't El Toro mean "The Bull"? If so, it's the perfect place for Lambo-related hijinks. Bonus points to "Gear" if they point this out.

I wonder if they'll mention that it was one of the aliens' targets in Independence Day :p

Yea, and they should have Will Smith guest star on the first show to point that out :lol:

(That's assuming they do a celebrity thing each show, which I probably wouldn't want, unless I get to see Paris injure herself by running her SLR into a barrier. :lol:)

Doesn't El Toro mean "The Bull"? If so, it's the perfect place for Lambo-related hijinks. Bonus points to "Gear" if they point this out.

Si, El Toro significa "The Bull".

Sic, "El Toro" significat "The Bull".

Fixed. :p

I do agree we should have someone(s) head down there and spy for us, preferably with cameras.

I've got a decent camera.... I'll try and get some photos, I'm like 10 minutes away. I have no idea where I'll take them from, there's not really any high ground above it, except the Toll Roads. I'll do what I can to get some photos, but no promises yet.

No audience tickets on sale yet chaps? Someone needs to get on that and keep a look out - I'd like a first hand report, like the odd one we have had from TG shows, Gibby's springs to mind.

i dont have a camera.. but i do have my phone camera which is a halfway decent 2.0 MP camera.. i'll head out there after my meeting at 2 which might be perfect time after they have their random briefings.. and 'road safety lectures' ! (clarkson quote forsure)

i'll do my best.. wont be surprised if i hear a massive V10 roaring as i drive by!!!

They're probably just doing short, retarded commercial bits or something, but still, anything that happens to captured will be awesome. Hell, maybe we can find out who the American Stig is or who the other presenter(s) is. :D

Oh, and a major +rep bounty and main site credits to anyone who brings back decent pics. :p

The one thing I worry about though is that the place is miles wide and if you can't get in (the place is still probably highly fenced off and stuff), then you'd need a telescope to see anything in the middle. Then again, it's been decommissioned for like 9 years, so maybe the gate is wide open. :lol:

I've driven past there hundreds of times, and I just remembered something that may work, and may be absolutely perfect. They're "planning" (which in politics means in 3 decades) the "Orange County Great Park" and they have hot air balloon tours to show what is going to happen to the area. If one of us could get on that....

But yes, the area is deserted, the only security I've seen is for when the Iraqi citizens were voting which was held there a few years ago. I'm skipping some school tomorrow so my friend and I can scout for a position. Plus, main site credits sounds nice to me ^_^

If anyone is going to try as well, good luck.