American sports car legend

American sports car legend

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Dodge Viper - 1991 to present (maybe)
Chevy Corvette - 1953 to present

The Viper hasn't been around long enough to even come close to the legendary status of the 'Vette.

Joe Public has no idea what the Viper is, while nearly everyone in the western world has heard of the Vette.

Joe Public has no idea what the Viper is, while nearly everyone in the western world has heard of the Vette.

I am fairly confident most people know what a Viper is. I do agree with Blind Io however that the Corvette is more of an icon, being as it has been around since the beginning of time (a.k.a the 1950s).

the Vette. It's older, and therefore more classy IMO.
I also love the Viper but wouldn't call it a "legend" just yet.

Oh, and this is the bestest Vette ever in the world, period :

Corvette-stingray-rod-fr-st.jpg

loool 21 votes on corvette 0 votes on viper :viper:

I'm not a fan of the 'Vette, even though it is more legendary...SRT FTVote.

The Stingrays are my favorite too (wonky rear suspension and pathetic later engines aside), but I prefer the steel bumper cars ...
081406_1.jpg

A much better application of sidepipes than any Viper :p.

1964CorvetteStingray.jpg

/Thread. Only American car I like more than that (and only very slightly) is below.

I chose to abstain from voting on this one, because it is tricky. Yes, the Corvette is a classic and everybody knows it, but when the Viper came in 1991 it was a small revolution. It looked radical and in its short life achieved a certain status of a sports car legend. It is not as big as the Corvette but it is very close.
(I don't actually like the design of the new Viper, I prefer the original with the smoother lines)