Gran Turismo 5

GT4 was as good as it could on outdated platform. in GT5P / GT5 you CAN do doughnuts, figure 8's, clutch kick etc etc, even in the prologue demo. I believe it'll keep biggest fanatics happy until the actual game arrives.

On a sidenote: we both know that when we get simple damage, people (like bartboy) are going to complain about damage not being realistic in the "real driving simulator".
I think computer simulations of crashes should be sufficient for ingame damage simulation.

I love Gran Turismo, I was just pointing out that it is far from being a "real driving simulator". I'm fine with there being no crashes, but there are other things that Polyphony should work on such as the low speed handling that was mentioned. I understand that the game isn't about doing burnouts and donuts, but I don't see why I shouldn't have the ability to if the cars can do everything else.

I love Gran Turismo, I was just pointing out that it is far from being a "real driving simulator". I'm fine with there being no crashes, but there are other things that Polyphony should work on such as the low speed handling that was mentioned. I understand that the game isn't about doing burnouts and donuts, but I don't see why I shouldn't have the ability to if the cars can do everything else.
Agreed! :cheers:

Seeing those screenshots a few pages ago makes me so happy I was able to talk my parents into getting a PS3, yes that freaking story about spending $400 on my brother and I instead of $4,000 worked. I was just as shocked as ever. I got a used copy of Motorstorm for $30 to hold me over till Prologue comes out.

Seeing those screenshots a few pages ago makes me so happy I was able to talk my parents into getting a PS3, yes that freaking story about spending $400 on my brother and I instead of $4,000 worked. I was just as shocked as ever. I got a used copy of Motorstorm for $30 to hold me over till Prologue comes out.
Haha, you bastard!

whats all this talk about not doing donuts in GT4?

you can do donuts in pretty much any car in the game, some people never find out how to turn off TC though ( which ruins the entire game)

:( Stupid everyone else. Always getting awesome stuff before us Brits. Its as if they don't care about us.

:( Stupid everyone else. Always getting awesome stuff before us Brits. Its as if they don't care about us.

Why do you say that? Isn't the European release of GT5P the same for every European contry? :?

Edit: I just checked you get the game 2 days later than here in Spain. Why? :?

All european countries get it at the same time (28th), the US has to wait until mid-april.

EDIT:
I just checked you get the game 2 days later than here in Spain. Why? :?
The 28th of may is the date for all countries, including Spain. On the 26th, only the official PS3-GT5P-bundle will be released. The PSN-downloadable version will be available from the 27th. The blu-ray however is released on the 28th.

Last edited:
Why do you say that? Isn't the European release of GT5P the same for every European contry? :?

Edit: I just checked you get the game 2 days later than here in Spain. Why? :?

some people like to call it the being british tax

we get it late and its more expensive than everywhere else

Okay, I was wrong! I just took a look at the official press release, which states the following:
  • Blu-Ray & PS3-Prologue bundle released on 26th in all of Europe
  • downloadable from PSN network from 27th in all of Europe
Sorry for the misinformation! Some people from different countries already got their pre-ordered version by the way. Seems like some shops are shipping the game.

Last edited:
The price thing I do disagree with otispunkmeyer. This time we have got something on budget! *sigh*

But the date thing is weird. Amazon.co.uk says the PS3 bundle, and the Blu-ray game come out on the 28th, not the 26th.

I suppose it is only 2 days. Not exactly weeks eh? My order is in.

is there going to be an english prolouge demo?

As far as I know, there will be no further free demo versions of Prologue for now.