Whats the most exotic car you've ever been in/driven.

USS Dwight D Eisenhower

Ohh, whats the 0-60 time on that? :lol:

I dont sit in too many exotic cars, but i did sit in the new Corvette ZR-1 at an auto show last week!

As for driven, I've driven my friends 1995 trans-am, which is a bit more flashy than my 1995 camaro, so i'd say that.

A neighbor once drove me around the block in his '81 Maserati Merak. First and second gears were gone, so he had to rely on fine clutchwork and starting in 3rd, so he couldn't really push it hard around town. The sitting position was totally weird, with the seats barely three inches off the floor, and the beltline was way tall, like sitting in a bathtub. But what a bathtub! Leather and wood everywhere; if it had been in better condition, I'm sure I would've fallen in love with it.

As for driving, I took my cousin's uncle's (on the side unrelated to me) Roewe 750 around his neighborhood in Shanghai. Aside from a squeaky steering column, it was a pretty sweet car. Sorry guys, the Chinese really can make a quality car when they want to.

The most exotic cars I have driven and ridden in would proably be
1978 Ferrari 308 GTS Not really the car to learn to drive a stick on but hey when its the only thing in the garage thats a stick and dad decides you need to learn you dont say no.

Early MG Midget
that a friend had for a week or so while he was cleaning it up for his grandfather.

2005 Audi A8L One of the best cars I have ever driven. Even though its huge and is a luxury cruiser it has some nice road feedback/seats and can actually be quite sporty for what it is. Its my dads car and I get to run odd trips in it from time to time or take it for company functions.

(short story: So I was picking something up at a local retailer and I parked the car near the back of the lot away from shopping cart returns even though it was raining. When I came back some lady pushed her cart towards a return and missed horribly hitting the side of it and bouncing into the car parked near it.(not my car) She was embarrassed and as I walked by she said sorry. I replied by something like, ya thats why I don't park by those and just kept walking. I get in the car and leave and she ends up being behind me. We pull on to the mini highway and there is an intersection and she pulls up beside me. She decides to rev the engine on her Ford focus. So I put the car into S mode and dynamic. The light turns green and she floors it spinning her wheels in the rain like none other. Me I just apply some moderate throttle in 1st and let quattro figure it out and leave her to her spinning. At the next intersection she just stairs straight forward with her head about 3 inches from the wheel. I almost died laughing. )

Two people with possibly great stories and yet no descriptions? So basically the point of this thread is only to dick wag? If you've actually driven something interested, why don't you tell us a bit a about it? :thumbup:

Well... the Quattroporte was a very interesting car to drive, first time I have driven a car with a Tiptronic gearbox which runs on a real clutch. I only got a chance to drive it around a private residential estate, all i can say about the gearbox is that it would feel very funny to drive around the city. When you move it, the car vibrates up till you get to about 10kph (not sure, i'm just guessing there), same goes for reverse gear... when I was trying to park it back on the driveway which had a slight hill, it felt like the car was about to stall. Also, in Auto mode, its very hard to get the shifting done smoothly as you actually have to lift off and step again when it engages gear.

Performance wise, car is excellent for its size (it is a very bulky car), there was a straight in the residential estate which is basically 400m long with only 1 entrance to the road on one end and the other end is the exit, within that 400m, I didn't gun it all the way, car hit about 160kph and the sound was amazing.

Well, taxation here is insane, so only now it's getting a lil bit easier to know someone with a exotic/rare/expensive car.

Best memory I have was inside a modified E34 M5. What a joy of car, power available at all revs, fast acceleration yet with the practicality of a sedan.

Another ones I liked were a perfectly restored Lotus Europa and A Ford.

Sat in many exotics at auto shows but never in a Ferrari or Lambo... .

My jealousy has been really rising as I've read through this thread. :-(

All the cars I've ever driven have been 4cyl crapboxes and one VT Commodore that belonged to my cousin before some local idiot stole it and wrecked it.

The only even vaguely awsome car I've been behind the wheel of was my dad's Saab 900 V6, which was pretty cool. I had just started learning at the time, but within a month some drunk jerk in a truck smacked into it while it was parked in a side-street and then drove off. Luckily we weren't in it and a witness got their rego, I can't remember if any charges came out of it now. Bye-bye hot hatch.

As for just sitting in, that would be the current shape MX-5 and a Mazda 3 MPS at our local Honda/Mazda dealer last year.
Those things are just hot, and I've been in love with the MPS ever since. :heart:

Driven an F40 and Carrera GT, sat in a Zonda F as a passenger.

This man wins haha!!

Well I once got a taxi that was a statesmen :tease:

That was always the BEST when I was a kid. ALWAYS try and get in the statesman!

F430 Manual, F1, Spyder F1
360 CS
355 F1

Gallardo Manual, E Gear
Murci?lago

Quatroporte
4200 GT

Porsche (loads - they all look the same to me!)

Ford GT

V8 Vantage
DB9
Vanquish S

Continental
Arnage

SL55 AMG

Noble

TVR Tuscan

Caterham 7

Exige

And probably a few I've forgotten.

Member of P1 International for 2 years.

picsorban!!!!:p

Okay, so you signed up solely to show off. Even if you are telling the truth, starting out with this isn't gonna make you too popular.

Rubbish, he answered the thread question. Pull your head in. If I had driven all those cars I would be bloody well telling everyone about them too!!

A blue lotus 340r only 10 of them exist because it blue :)
A mate of mine used to have one of those, swapped it for an S1 Exige. Raced against him at a local hillclimb and beat him in the car in my avatar...woohoo!! So what if his car was worth 25times more:lol:

I took a ride in a Ferrari 348 Spider. I've sat in a Lamborghini Countach. Thats about it so far.

A Exotic that I've driven?

Nothing really special...

What? It's special enough for me to want desperately to add it to my list.:)

picsorban!!!!:p:

Check over at the Lens Flair thread.

Rubbish, he answered the thread question. Pull your head in. If I had driven all those cars I would be bloody well telling everyone about them too!!

Thank you! Besides, if I was going to make up a list like that I'd have certainly included the 599, F430 Scuderia, Superleggera and R8.

Last edited:
Got a ride in an R8 and an Aston V8 Vantage...loved it...

My valuable contribution to this gemstone of a thread would be the following:

My dick's bigger than yours.

My valuable contribution to this gemstone of a thread would be the following:

My dick's bigger than yours.

Is that your criterion for choosing your cars, then? That they make your dick look bigger?

Drove an 08 Shelby GT500 today. Those cars move out with AUTHORITY.

i had gotten inside of the 06 subaru STI rally car at the auto show. it was closing time and no one was around so my cousin and i jumped in it was f#cking Awesome!

Drove an 08 Shelby GT500 today. Those cars move out with AUTHORITY.

BUT THEY HAEV A SOLID READ AXL OMG!@ IMPOSSSIBLE, STUPIUD AMERIKKKKAN LEAF SPRINGS loLLLLLLL! :bunny:

Anyway, oh yea: I drove a toyota camry today, and a Cessna 172 (toyota camry of the skies) i know you're all jealous. :D