2008 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

1) Who will get pole and who will win? Lewis and Hamilton
2) Who will be the stronger of the two BMW drivers. Kubica
3) Toyota were strong with Trulli at Sepang, can he keep it up in Sakhir? no way
4) Williams looked bad all weekend, can they turn it around here? nope
5) Positions for Bourdais, Button and Barrichello. 15, 5, and 10
6) Who will be on top of the championship at the end of this race? Lewis until Ferrari protests something ;)

1) Who will get pole and who will win?
Pole will be Massa, he seems strong at Bahrain. I think Lewis may win though, although of course cheering for Kimi.

2) Who will be the stronger of the two BMW drivers?
-Kubica will quali higher but Heidfeld will finish first.

3) Toyota were strong with Trulli at Sepang, can he keep it up in Sakhir?
-Yes, not as strong as Malaysia, but will easily make Q3 and finish with a point or two. Glock needs to finish a race.

4) Williams looked bad all weekend, can they turn it around here?
-Yes definitely, Rosberg had a lot of pace in the race in Sepang. He will make Q3. Nakajima will make Q2, but probably crash into something on the way to the circuit.

5) Positions for Bourdais, Button and Barrichello.
-Bourdais: 15th, at least a finish!
-Button: 11th
-Barrichello: 13th

6) Who will be on top of the championship at the end of this race?
-Lewis, but hopefully Kimi.

As for quali changes, very good move. Basically a revised version of the old 107% rule. That lap of Heidfelds was deadly.

1) Who will get pole and who will win? Pole: Hamilton Win: Kimi
2) Who will be the stronger of the two BMW drivers. Being new to F1 im not real sure so ill go with Kubica
3) Toyota were strong with Trulli at Sepang, can he keep it up in Sakhir? I really hope so. Trulli looked good all race and so did Glock. Hopefully he finds the flag this time
4) Williams looked bad all weekend, can they turn it around here? Don't see whay not
5) Positions for Bourdais, Button and Barrichello. Bourdais won't finnish, Button 12th, Barrichello 14th
6) Who will be on top of the championship at the end of this race? Kimi...just

Pillow? Check

Blanket? Check

Couch? Check

Kitty to sleep with? Check

Yep, I'm ready for Bahrain.

McLaren gets last pitbox in Bahrain

30 March 2008

The McLaren Formula 1 team will not get the fifth set of pitboxes in the pitlane as they did in Malaysia and Australia. In Bahrain the Woking based team will be allocated the last set of garages organizers of the Bahrain Grand Prix has said.

Originally it was planned that the team would take its place in the fifth set of garages, as it did for the Malaysian and Australian Grands Prix. However late notice arrived to
announce that instead of garages 15-18, the Vodafone McLaren-Mercedes team would take up residence in garages 33-35 a statement of the track organizers said.

Traditionally the pit lane allocation is decided by the previous season's points but McLaren scored no points in the constructors' championship despite its drivers finishing second and third in the drivers' title battle behind Ferrari's Kimi R?ikk?nen.

"We understand that it is in line with the rules and regulations of the sport for McLaren, which scored no points in the 2007 constructors' championship, to take the final set of garages," said Shaikh Salman bin Isa Al Khalifa, Chief Operating Officer at the BIC.
"However in Bahrain we do our utmost to ensure that fans of each team get to sit
opposite their favourite team's pit garages to see the action unfold. Sadly on this occasion we must apologise to McLaren fans and accept that this is force majeure."

Source

:( Trying to be special again...oh how I miss the times when I lived in the Middle East...:p

Interesting that of all the races to have McLaren at the bottom of the pitlane, this would have to be one of the worst given that they're part owned by the Bahrain Mumtalakat Holding Company, and they in turn are owned by the state of Bahrain itself. If being in the fifth garages at Melbourne and Sepang was accepted by FOM, why suddenly place them down the bottom of the pitlane now?

Whats the downside of having the box all the way in the end? I mean.. yeah, you sit on the pit speed limiter for longer, but in return you get out the pit lane a lot faster as well.

Whats the downside of having the box all the way in the end? I mean.. yeah, you sit on the pit speed limiter for longer, but in return you get out the pit lane a lot faster as well.

The garages are much smaller, which is fine for a small team like super aguri, who dont have a buildup of tools which they had plenty of space for in the bigger garages. They now have to squeeze all the equipment from the bigger garages, into a smaller garage.

Whats the downside of having the box all the way in the end? I mean.. yeah, you sit on the pit speed limiter for longer...

Why? The pitlane is the same length for Super Aguri as it is for Ferrari :p

James May's Laugh is right though; the garages do tend to be smaller, although at Bahrain I doubt it'll be much of a problem. Plus they're further from the (how do I put this) more commercially popular teams such as Ferrari.

Why? The pitlane is the same length for Super Aguri as it is for Ferrari :p

^That's what he said in the second part of his post

fingers crossed that TechZ gets me some tickets this time :bow:

You'll have to point the bit out where he 'said it in the second part of his post' coz I can't see it. I don't see how the last team's cars could exit the pits any faster than a Ferrari. Sure their angle of release may be shallower as they dont have to avoid all the equipment from the next team (although that said, Ferrari can drive straight at their pitbox for the exact same reason). I suppose another benefit is that if a Ferrari and McLaren enter the pits nose to tail (say the Ferrari is leading the McLaren), McLaren could just release him into the path of the Ferrari upon exit and forcing the Ferrari to back off...

I dind't think you weren't taking into account the overall item it takes to enter and exit the pits, of course someone at the end would get out faster, but the total time wouldn't matter, and the easy exiting Ferrari, that being like a second or two faster, is too technical for what i was referring to.

/argument, i wasn't disagreeing with you, i thought you didn't read the whole post... peace.

The overall time it takes to enter and exit the pits should be the same for every car. I dont see where the difference is. I think the teams at the start and end of the pitlane derive a slight advantage for the reasons I mentioned above, but the difference is probably so small it isnt even worth measuring. I'm just not sure what you're referring to, we're on different wave lengths I think :p

The overall time it takes to enter and exit the pits should be the same for every car. I dont see where the difference is. I think the teams at the start and end of the pitlane derive a slight advantage for the reasons I mentioned above, but the difference is probably so small it isnt even worth measuring. I'm just not sure what you're referring to, we're on different wave lengths I think :p

must be all the F1 cars passing near me :lol:

McLaren officially finished last in the WCC in 2007.
Therefore they should get the last garage. At every race. I don't like it when they make exceptions with big teams.

McLaren officially finished last in the WCC in 2007.
Therefore they should get the last garage. At every race. I don't like it when they make exceptions with big teams.
Yeah, I'm only befuddled by the decision to apply this to this one race? I didn't get my skirt blown up in a fuss by the pit placements at Australia and Malaysia, but it's inconsistent to now put them in some other stall. Not a big issue, a pit lane will always be a pit lane and it doesn't really matter where they are on it, but just seems weird how inconsistent the decision is. Is this decided normally by the race track managers?