Max Mosley - is it true?

We're clearly reading different articles - because I'm reading an article that states that as a young and impressionable man he supported his father - FORTY YEARS AGO. It does not say he agreed with his father's views then, let alone now.

Personally, i think he does agree with the views of his father. Maybe he should clear it up.

Personally, i think he does agree with the views of his father. Maybe he should clear it up.

Really? And what do you base that on? These media reports?

If there's a need for him to clear it up it's only because of the gutter-scum media reporting this - and frankly it's pretty damn said when a man has to defend himself in a situation like this.

Really? And what do you base that on? These media reports?

If there's a need for him to clear it up it's only because of the gutter-scum media reporting this - and frankly it's pretty damn said when a man has to defend himself in a situation like this.

Yeah i do base it on these media reports. I'm sure many people base their opinions on media reports, true or not.
If he did clear it up, i would believe him and i would think that this scandal would blow over. However, he has not done that and to my knowledge will not do that.

Yeah i do base it on these media reports. I'm sure many people base their opinions on media reports, true or not.
If he did clear it up, i would believe him and i would think that this scandal would blow over. However, he has not done that and to my knowledge will not do that.

Well, it's the media, and it's sensationalist media at that, so it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It's very easy to unfairly portray someone badly in the media.

I'm impressed he's standing his ground (so far) and not standing down from his roles - now that's a measure of the man. He could take the easy route and just quit and go into hiding, but he's not - he's coming out in defense of himself, and given the private nature of what's been exposed that wouldn't be an easy thing to do. The man's holding his head high - good on him.

Well, it's the media, and it's sensationalist media at that, so it needs to be taken with a grain of salt. It's very easy to unfairly portray someone badly in the media.

I'm impressed he's standing his ground (so far) and not standing down from his roles - now that's a measure of the man. He could take the easy route and just quit and go into hiding, but he's not - he's coming out in defense of himself, and given the private nature of what's been exposed that wouldn't be an easy thing to do. The man's holding his head high - good on him.

I agree with you about him defending himself. However, i still think he must clear things up so the general public don't think that F1 is not run by a man who believes in such views.

I agree with you about him defending himself. However, i still think he must clear things up so the general public don't think that F1 is not run by a man who believes in such views.

The thing is though, people will just say "Oh well of course he would say he doesn't hold such views, what else could he say?" and not really accept it. Give it a few weeks and the general public will have forgotten about this - and those that haven't forgotten and currently do think F1 is run by some kind of Nazi sympathiser will continue to think that regardless of what Max does or says.

Yeah, but people could say " Yeah the media aren't to be trusted. How could they lie and ruin someones name".
It just depends on what the person wants to believe.
I also think that this will blow over sooner rather than later.

I can't believe there is a race two days away and this is all people are talking about. Don't like Max's policies, but I don't really care about the this paparazzi sensationalist BS. How about some real F1 news.

JH

Gee, wasn't a large part of Max's justification for the Maclaren fine the idea they were bringing "shame and embarrassment" to the sport? Now look at him! :lol:

What makes you think that? Mosley has said "Hamilton is overhyped". <- Proof MM shares his fathers views? No way!
Max Mosley's own family was interned for their facist opinions right when he was born.
Mosley has stood up against discrimination. Remember the case of spectators mocking Hamilton in Barcelona tests.

In a statement issued by the FIA on Thursday, it said: "The full membership of the FIA will be invited to attend the meeting at which the widespread publicity following an apparently illegal invasion of the FIA President's privacy will be discussed."

so there're absoblutely no doubt what the newspaper claimed happened really did happen~ =)

and it's good to see that MOST manufacturers, EXCEPT FERRARI, issued some pretty strongly worded statements on the matter, the time is right to remove mad max for the good of the sport, and by that I really do mean motorsport in general~!

and it's rather interesting that Ron made a statement about his vision for the F1 in Bahrain a couple of days ago~ pretty good timing~ XD

... the time is right to remove mad max for the good of the sport, and by that I really do mean motorsport in general~!

What have Max's sexual preferences got to do with anything? Everybody should just mind their own business and grow up. So he likes his rumpy in a different flavour to you. So fucking what?!

What have Max's sexual preferences got to do with anything? Everybody should just mind their own business and grow up. So he likes his rumpy in a different flavour to you. So fucking what?!

The whole Nazi theme is a bit dodgy considering who his father was and his own history.

Two small things:

1. Sir Oswald Mosely (Max's dad) was not 'affiliated' with the Nazis, he was the British equivalent of Hitler, Mussolini and Quisling. i.e. He was a Nazi and would have been the new leader had the Germans invaded in 1940.

2. If I were Max I would be doing everything to repudiate and live down that fact, getting involved in an Orgy, great - although not so nice for the Mrs and kids, having Nazi aspects to it bad, very bad actually.

I do not know his political views but I think that my point 2. stands no matter what they are.

The whole Nazi theme is a bit dodgy considering who his father was and his own history.

So do you think being an unpleasant individual affects his ability to run the FIA efficiently?

It has been affecting it for the last 16 years, frankly.

Oh yeah, he may be crap at running the show, wouldn't argue with that, but I don't think it's got anything to do with the fact that his pants are full of fail!