2008 Bahrain Formula 1 Grand Prix

Yea, sometimes you just crash cars, doesnt mean you made any real preventable mistakes. rumble strips suck :mad:

(ruined my nurburgring lap in a F50 GT, was going for sub-6 minute times and i touched a tumble strip exiting the mini-carousel before the long straight, and spun into the wall...)

Yea, sometimes you just crash cars, doesnt mean you made any real preventable mistakes. rumble strips suck :mad:

(ruined my nurburgring lap in a F50 GT, was going for sub-6 minute times and i touched a tumble strip exiting the mini-carousel before the long straight, and spun into the wall...)

yup done the same, on that long, straight ish bit before the turn that then leads into the first karousel

hit that curb on the inside of the shallow right hander in a Z06 on Forza 2 and that was that.... big understeer, wall, broken.

Yay, Lewis crashed!!

Good to see Button in the top 10 again, but wow, wasnt Massa's lap brilliant!

it's really deja vu for Massa. Bad race in Malaysia and looking for redemption in Bahrain.

massa wont have a good race...it cant happen! I wont let it! =)

FP3:

Rosberg fastest... I so hope Williams will be fast in quali too!
Anyway, crazy results in this practice, Kimi 9th, Hamilton 18th... The previous years it seemed that FP3 was the pracice with fairly normal results, but this year they always get mixed up on Saturday mornings

This is a crazy wild theory, but I think Hamilton may be doing a one-stopper...and maybe he was testing out the fuel load at the end of practice. That would explain his pace, maybe he feels they won't be able to beat Ferrari on pace, so they have to do it on tactics...anyway, we'll see his pace in quali to find out...

If Piquet beats Alonso this weekend, it's not going to be a surprise. After all, every race driver has bad weekends and tracks they don't like.

As for Rosberg fastest in FP3... Let's see (and hope, frankly... I don't want Williams to drop permanently into the midfield) if they can keep that pace in the next 2 sessions.

Webber and Trulli look to have good pace, 3rd and 4th respectivley.

This is a crazy wild theory, but I think Hamilton may be doing a one-stopper...and maybe he was testing out the fuel load at the end of practice. That would explain his pace, maybe he feels they won't be able to beat Ferrari on pace, so they have to do it on tactics...anyway, we'll see his pace in quali to find out...

Could be possible, another theory is that because of his crash, they are still setting up the spare chassis. I expect him to be in the top 4 as usual though.

Congratulations Kubica !!!! First career pole position for him and first pole position for BMW.

Wow, great drive by Kubica...don't see him winning the race though...I see Massa or Hamilton taking the win...

Grid:

1 R. Kubica BMW 1:33.096
2 F. Massa Ferrari 1:33.123
3 L. Hamilton McLaren 1:33.292
4 K. R?ikk?nen Ferrari 1:33.418
5 H. Kovalainen McLaren 1:33.488
6 N. Heidfeld BMW 1:33.737
7 J. Trulli Toyota 1:33.994
8 N. Rosberg Williams 1:34.015
9 J. Button Honda 1:35.057
10 F. Alonso Renault 1:35.115
11 M. Webber Red Bull 1:32.371
12 R. Barrichello Honda 1:32.508
13 T. Glock Toyota 1:32.528
14 N. Piquet jr. Renault 1:32.790
15 S. Bourdais Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:32.915
16 K. Nakajima Williams 1:32.943
17 D. Coulthard Red Bull 1:33.433
18 G. Fisichella Force India F1 1:33.501
19 S. Vettel Scuderia Toro Rosso 1:33.501
20 A. Sutil Force India F1 1:33.845
21 A. Davidson Super Aguri 1:34.140
22 T. Sato Super Aguri 1:35.725

GO Kubica Go!!! don't know why but in the interview before qual he seemed pretty smug about it and was convinced it will go great for him. :):):)

A pole on pole! :D

Great job by Kubica but I doubt he will be able to keep Massa off him for a whole race, and I'd be very surprised if he isn't VERY low on fuel.

This one is going to Massa for shutting everyone up.

Nice one on Honda getting into Q3, shows that progress is actually been made.

Very good of the pole to get on pole, no doubt these puns will run and run.

KUBICA :banana:
Massa must be disappointed, he probably thought he would get pole
I wonder whether the two Ferraris are on a different strategy, Massa seemed to be clearly faster all weekend.

Kubica was very confident from the beginning today, I knew he was in good shape, but I thought he would be 2nd, behind Massa. I'm wondering how much fuel the best drivers have on board. Probably McLarens, Raikkonen and Heidfeld have quite much.

Anyway, I'm celebrating :clap::thumbup::thumbsup::cheers: