I thought this day would never come...

I disagree. I feel a car can be just as irreplaceable as something like a wedding ring. Yeah there are others just like it out there, but that one was yours. If you had a car that you put your blood, sweat, and tears into and it was suddenly snatched away from you, you'd be very upset. I also think a car can develop a personality of its own. If a location or building can have an impression of the past or a spirit (haunting) then why can't a car take on something from it's owner?

I know many people who think their car is alive in some small way.

I'm with you. When my car was involved in an accident, I was just disappointed when took $100 for it for someone else to take away. I was quite happy when I got it back, even if it's just a shitty car. Yes, there's others out there, but this particular Bluebird (... *cough*) was my Bluebird, and there's no other one like it. Just so many experiences, so much time, so much effort has been involved with that car.

I'll be sad as hell when, and maybe if I do ever get rid of it.

I disagree. I feel a car can be just as irreplaceable as something like a wedding ring. Yeah there are others just like it out there, but that one was yours. If you had a car that you put your blood, sweat, and tears into and it was suddenly snatched away from you, you'd be very upset. I also think a car can develop a personality of its own. If a location or building can have an impression of the past or a spirit (haunting) then why can't a car take on something from it's owner?

I know many people who think their car is alive in some small way.

+1, you start to know that you need to give it a little gas before strating the engine on a cold morning, you know that you have to shut the boot lid in a complexe way that involves 2 hands and 1 foot, half an hour,

just remembered the Top Gear Special with clarkson and the camaro "i'd rather be in this camaro than an enzo" (something like that) and at the end the conclusion of all three. That's what REAL car enthusiasts think :p

But not just old cars have vibrant personality, but are more strong than new cars :p (until the get old obviously)

I just read that here in Germany since 1993 car thefts have been reduced by 83 %.

I think there is still hope for everyone :)

Damn, that sucks to see a car like that, especially when it's your car :-/

And +1 for the special connection with our cars, I almost cried when I crashed into that bloody Skoda the other day...

I'm not sure how I missed this post...but I just wanted to share my sympathy :( As a fellow Integra owner, I too live in fear of the day the little Teg won't be there when I come back to it. Best of luck with a replacement, or whatever you choose.

+1, you start to know that you need to give it a little gas before strating the engine on a cold morning, you know that you have to shut the boot lid in a complexe way that involves 2 hands and 1 foot, half an hour,

just remembered the Top Gear Special with clarkson and the camaro "i'd rather be in this camaro than an enzo" (something like that) and at the end the conclusion of all three. That's what REAL car enthusiasts think :p

But not just old cars have vibrant personality, but are more strong than new cars :p (until the get old obviously)

The reason Clarkson can and does say something like that is because unlike us, he has been driving the worlds fastest, expensive and most desirable cars for decades now. Couple that with the fact that he is a multi millionaire and you can understand why he has the luxury to choose a car based on its personality.

I do agree with the whole 'passion for cars' business though. Gotta love 'em.

I have one of these on my car.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuKEK7wmsw[/YOUTUBE]