The Best Motorsport Pc Game

Average Guy

was previously known as "Small Guy" and soon to be
Car(s)
2015 VW Polo 1.2 TSI
Hello...

Im pretty board at the time and im thinking of buying a new motorsport game. What is the best motorsport game you know that i can buy to pc? :cool:

Hrmm...good ones have been a bit thin on the grounds on recent times. rFactor is apparently very good, some of the guys here might nominate Live For Speed. Depends what you're after really. The Gran Turismo series is great if you're after an easy arcade game that you can burn a few hours on.

For more serious simulations, I recommend your PC games, as generally the PC has been better at delivering a true simulation experience with the nature of the games released...provided you have a decent wheel I guess. These include rFactor, GTR2, and maybe even Grand Prix 4 if you can still find it. I've heard good things about RACE 07 (developed by Simbin, same guys who did the GTR series), but I think modability is very limited.

okay :)

But i have the game ''Toca race driver 3'' and i quite like it. are there some games like that ?

Last edited:
I have heard that GT Legends is also pretty good.

One question I've always wanted to know, is whether there is a trial of rFactor at all?

Yeah there is supposed to be an rFactor trial somewhere but I'm not familiar with it since I've had the game just about since it was released.

EDIT: Also I've tried the Live For Speed trial and liked it until I tried to race online. Yeah they kicked me immediately because I was new, no help offered as to what I was supposed to be doing, just an "Hey there is a newbie, we got to kick 'em." real nice they were. :cry:

Yeah there is supposed to be an rFactor trial somewhere but I'm not familiar with it since I've had the game just about since it was released.

I saw on the site that was linked above a full trial which you can use for 60 minutes for free. I might give that a try because this has been a game that I've been "umming" and "ahhing" over, well, since it was released really.

i think Live For Speed, GTR 2 and probably TOCA race driver are the top choices
but i strongly recommend Live for speed

I saw on the site that was linked above a full trial which you can use for 60 minutes for free. I might give that a try because this has been a game that I've been "umming" and "ahhing" over, well, since it was released really.

I have been playing Live For Speed for 2 years now, then I played rFactor, and was terribly let down.

^You mean rFactor is bad or ?

I have been playing Live For Speed for 2 years now, then I played rFactor, and was terribly let down.

See, its comments like that which don't help my decision! :p

You can read article after article about a particular game (or any product really) all heaping praise, but then you come across just one negative review which makes you go back and re-think.

What didn't you like about it?

I accualy have tryed live for speed and i really think it was a crap game with grappicsh that looks like something from 1980's where you cant stear. Is that bacause it was some kinda demo or is the game just like that ?

I accualy have tryed live for speed and i really think it was a crap game with grappicsh that looks like something from 1980's where you cant stear. Is that bacause it was some kinda demo or is the game just like that ?

No, i think you are just terrible at the game :lol:

Jokes aside... who cares about the graphics. LFS is the best racing simulator ever, much more realistic than most the so called racing sim-game out there.

Try Race 07, I kind of enjoy that game. GTR2 is pretty nice as well, same with ToCA3, but you already know that. Hm... and if you are into arcade games... then try Test Drive Unlimited.

If you try and use the keyboard then it is next to impossible. Use the mouse, I can get within 0.5 second of my lap times with a wheel just using the mouse. It's only downside is lack of modulation of braking and throttle, making cars like the Formula V8 very very difficult to drive.

If you try and use the keyboard then it is next to impossible. Use the mouse, I can get within 0.5 second of my lap times with a wheel just using the mouse. It's only downside is lack of modulation of braking and throttle, making cars like the Formula V8 very very difficult to drive.

Not really... I started off LFS on keyboard, got quite good before I decided to get the G25 wheelset.

You can be quite good just from using the keyboard. But that was before the patch, i think they changed some physics in the new patch, so it might be different now.

I really like Test Drive Unlimited, especially in Hardcore mode. It's no sim (hardcore comes closer than the main game), but it hits that sweet spot for me -- not too hard like LFS but it's no Need for Speed.