Rarely does one get the oppurtunity to RickRoll thousands , until now.

Saw it on Fark and I have cast my vote.

The Internet fails.

They found out there was something afoot, now they are doing a live vote for a few days starting on Thursday during the 8th inning. (Astley isn't invited)

They said a majority of the votes didn't come from Mets fans so they don't count. How do they know who are Mets fans and who aren't? They're saying if you don't live in or around New York you're not a Mets fan?

Typical Mets douchebaggery once again.

via MuttsBlog

Well, they are going to play the song atleast once, so it's not a total loss:

MetsBlog said:
So, FARK and DIGG rallied their troops, and got 5 million people to vote for Rick Astley?s Never Gonna Give You Up in the team?s eighth-inning sing-a-long contest.

Instead of declaring Astley the winner, the team will hold a live, run-off vote.

Tomorrow, during the eighth inning, they?ll play Never Gonna Give You Up, followed by Living on a Prayer on Wednesday, I?m a Believer on Thursday, Movin? Out on Friday, Sweet Caroline on Saturday and Build Me Up Buttercup on Sunday.

?i actually like this solution?instead of just ignoring the FARK.com results, which are very real, Rick Astley and their efforts are recognized?however, as it was explained to me by the team, knowing full well that only a small, small percentage of those 5 million votes came from actual Mets fans, by playing the top six songs at Shea, the team can now gauge how their own, real fan base takes to each tune based on audience participation, which will ultimately determine the stadium?s new sing-a-long song?

?the funniest part about this entire thing is that, i never, in a million years, thought i would dedicate this much time and space to Rick Astley on MetsBlog.com?and i laugh every time i write his name?well played, FARK?well played, indeed?this may be one of the biggest Rickrolls ever?

So atleast they're getting Rick Rolled once...better once than never :D

Jeez, Sweet Carolina? If I have to hear that ONE MORE GODDAMN TIME I'm setting Shea Stadium on fire. (Just a joke, Department of Homeland Security!...as long as you don't touch that song, anyway.)

OMG they were just Rick Roll'd!! (10 seconds ago!)

Was anyone there? Do we have video or a witness to the crowd reactions?

The Phillies broadcast of the game came back from commercial just as it was ending. It seemed to be silence, but that could have been because the Mets just gave up the lead.

[YOUTUBE]pNspCoZrFuM[/YOUTUBE]

So with all this "Rick Rolling" on the intertubes, where is Rick Astley anyway? I mean Chuck Norris had the good humor to play along.

Also the songs lyrics, along with the nature of the occasion at Shea stadium is priceless; imagine singing along to that at the very last game, singing:

never gonna give you up
Never gonna let you down
Never gonna run around and desert you
Never gonna make you cry
Never gonna say goodbye
Never gonna tell a lie and hurt you

I'm pondering his record sales, or at least his iTunes sales for single song sales.

Reactions from the stands:
[youtube]Jh9jaKZC-bI[/youtube]

Internet 1-Mets fans 0

EPIC WIN and EPIC LULZ

:lol: 56.000 people got Rick Roll'd

no wait, half of the Mets horrendous fan base left in the 7th inning

ok, 28,000 got Rick Roll'd, still good :D