I don't know whether I should laugh or cry

p50sale1.jpg

LMAO....I kinda want to see if somebody actually do that on this car.:lol:

There's a few things you just can't swap a V8 into...An evo is one of them I think...

An Evo cannot be an Evo unless it's got a 4cyl turbo engine. Sorry.

I don't need to say anything, my posse's got it covered. Although all of you ARE pending for a bending. :mad:

Oh, come ON guys! Don't be so...puritanical. :) If you got into this car and drove it, your notions would go flying out the window. Am I right, or am I right?

I don't care if a car has 500HP four cylinder, AWD, AYC...there is nothing better, bar none, than the grunt of a V8. You have to experience it before you can pass judgment on it, methinks. :) Once in your life, if you are able to, be either a passenger or driver in a car with a stone stupid, high horsepower V8. It is euphoric for a gearhead.

I think this evo would make a great drift car, but I'm undecided as to whether I love it or hate it.

Around a track it'll be faster, guaranteed. Hey, it's faster than your Scoobie. ;)

Evo VS Scooby war in 3...2....1....

Hey, I love both cars, I just love the Evo that bit more. ;) The new one's seat is a bit too narrow for me, I need to lose some flab. :(

And when are you showing your ugly mug around on irc, mang? Alok's gone back home so who am I supposed to have cameratalk with now?

Sure, if you think handling and grip are the same thing.

But for those of us who know what real handling is, its mearly an understeering box with a giant turbo and a stupid spoiler.

All that says to me is you've never driven an EVO champ. VERY little understeer to speak of. My mates XR6 Turbo understeers way more, and it's RWD! Also, the turbo is quite small on all EVO's, a TD05 16G turbo is not big - a GT42R is a big turbo. The spoiler, well, it's there for downforce when you're doing 160km/h through S bends. I can chuck my car around corners and get the back out, it's just that I'm going very fast when it actually does lose traction. Interesting opinion of the car tho. :lol: You're not one of these guys who just bashes cars because he's got something against the manufacturer without actually knowing bugger all about said car or ever actually having driven one are you? Like a keyboard warrior type? :lol:

Just add one of these;
smallest_v8_5.jpg

All that says to me is you've never driven an EVO champ. VERY little understeer to speak of. My mates XR6 Turbo understeers way more, and it's RWD! Also, the turbo is quite small on all EVO's, a TD05 16G turbo is not big - a GT42R is a big turbo. The spoiler, well, it's there for downforce when you're doing 160km/h through S bends. I can chuck my car around corners and get the back out, it's just that I'm going very fast when it actually does lose traction. Interesting opinion of the car tho. :lol: You're not one of these guys who just bashes cars because he's got something against the manufacturer without actually knowing bugger all about said car or ever actually having driven one are you? Like a keyboard warrior type? :lol:
Oh, this should be fun.

well done, they just turned this perfect EVO into a fart machine.

I dunno.

I like the idea of a stuffing a V8 into anything.
But an Evo was a sort of well thought out car with a fantastic 4WD system designed to make the most of everything

ripping everything out and just making it ludicrously powerful and RWD kinda destroys the whole point of having a fast car that can corner...

Those arabs will do anything. Too much cash laying around. Its like as if the guy had too much time on his hands and didn't know what else to do

Haha, pretty much...but what better way to waste cash than cram big V8's into anything with 4 wheels?

Its definitely cool, and has that unique appeal to it. But I wouldn't go so far as to say its better than the standard Evo. I'd be a lot more impressed if they'd kept it AWD with a variable dif. An Evo with no turbo lag, great sound and torque? Yes...please.

Haha, pretty much...but what better way to waste cash than cram big V8's into anything with 4 wheels?

Its definitely cool, and has that unique appeal to it. But I wouldn't go so far as to say its better than the standard Evo. I'd be a lot more impressed if they'd kept it AWD with a variable dif. An Evo with no turbo lag, great sound and torque? Yes...please.

You know the lower FQ models (FQ 300, etc) and all the JDM EVO 8's onward make in excess of 400Nm (300ft-lb) torque @ only 3500 rpm, right? That's as much torque as our aussie Toyota TRD Aurion which is a 3.5L supercharged V6, and is also the same torque as an E92 M3 4L V8, which doesn't actually make its peak torque till further in the rev range @ 3900 rpm. Also, the stock turbo in later gen EVO's comes on boost @ about 2300rpm.

You know the lower FQ models (FQ 300, etc) and all the JDM EVO 8's onward make in excess of 400Nm (300ft-lb) torque @ only 3500 rpm, right? That's as much torque as our aussie Toyota TRD Aurion which is a 3.5L supercharged V6, and is also the same torque as an E92 M3 4L V8, which doesn't actually make its peak torque till further in the rev range @ 3900 rpm. Also, the stock turbo in later gen EVO's comes on boost @ about 2300rpm.

See, now you are sounding like a mouth breathing fan boy. :|

You and I both know what a Lancer Evolution is; it is based off a front wheel drive, rental car shitbox, not from the divine intervention of God.

Plus, and I won't argue this because I am sure you will keep splitting hairs until there is nothing left (see first sentence), but the torque of a eight cylinder versus a four cylinder just feels so much better. Sure, you can put up numbers, but that doesn't mean shit to a) me and b) the real world.

Last edited:
See i dont even have to fight back, this guy reveals his true colors on his own. I'm trying to tone down on the iCombat to salvage my status as a non-troll in these parts.

See, now you are sounding like a mouth breathing fan boy. :|

You and I both know what a Lancer Evolution is; it is based off a front wheel drive, rental car shitbox, not from the divine intervention of God.

Plus, and I won't argue this because I am sure you will keep splitting hairs until there is nothing left (see first sentence), but the torque of a eight cylinder versus a four cylinder just feels so much better. Sure, you can put up numbers, but that doesn't mean shit to a) me and b) the real world.

I'm not sure how many parts an EVO shares with a standard Lancer, but it wouldn't be many. I know the chassis is completely modified, all different panels are used, the driveline is different, engine and gearbox obviously both different, brakes are different, wheels and tyres are both different, front and rear diff are different (both LSD) addition of AYC and ACD, different headlights, different suspension components, etc etc. There is a huge difference in torque spread, I won't argue with you over that, and I have driven and owned powerful V8's and V6's, but nothing, NOTHING, sits you back in your car seat like the surge from the turbo - wether it be a 4 cyl turbo, 6 cyl or whatever.

I'm a fan of all cars, I'm not here to bag any. Some of you guys should take the same approach because some of the comments I've read are fucking retarded and made with no concept of reality, and made because of something you've read in a magazine. I feel sorry for some of you because of your ignorance.