Top 5 TG Quotes

Hammond in America, whilst vandalizing May's car: ''He's going to notice isn't he''

Jeremy in an SLR: ''I wonder what the fastest speed anyone has been in a channel tunnel train. (foot down), no no no no no, grow up.''

The entire argument between the boys over the new M3, CL63 and RS4 (''oh like your chrome is going to help'')

''Ein Fanbelt vill last un-thousand years!''

''What a tool.....you'll look''

and soo many more i cant think of at the moment.

Talking about storing hydrogen... after JC tells students to learn about storing hydrogen..

"If you are watching this in Saudi Arabia, *laughs*, time to break out your camel"

JM: "its back to carpets for you"

From the top of my head i could think:

From the Us Special:

James: "Do you know what to do with it?"
Jeremy: "Well we gotta-"
Richard: "Peel it"

Other quotes:
James: "I suppose you're the headless pizza boy of the apocalypse?"

Jeremy: "Jesus is here!"

Richard: "It's less fun than drowning"

One of my favorites was Jeremy's comment at the end of Hammond's segment with the Porsche/Red Devil in S8/E4:

"So what is it next week then? Racing an Emperor Penguin in a shopping center?"

sorry to bump an old thread but i saw one and immediately thought of this thread.
"What if we turf him?"
"turf him? is that some euphemism from those special clubs you go to, see a nice bloke is a leather hat and go O I would love to turf him"

Jeremy:You waste fuel by braking. Think about it, when you press the throttle you USE the fuel to get the car going and when you use the brakes, you waste that fuel by stoping the car. Top Gear Top Tip: Don't Brake"

(When considering a location to have a contest with the German Top Gear): Might I suggest, the skies of southern england? (paraphrase)

:cool:

James: You've given me the baby, now get in the back!
Jeremy (with a lit pipe in his mouth): It's a 911 Porsche, hot bit goes in the back. And then That's not gone well!
James: OH, Cock!

JC: How does a bullet split into 3 parts while traveling through a Mazda?
[JC, Borat accent]: Turn off the traction control!

"none of these things are good news for my genetaila, which has run away" - richard hammond s18e06 @ about 56min.

I think it was in the Bolivian Special

They were working on their vehicles and looking for a hammer.

James May in a French (?) accent: "This is the precision toolboard! The Hammer lives elsewhere!" I always think of that when I'm looking for a hammer to pound something mechanical with.

Five of my faves, in random order...

---

RH: "And we'll find out later if I die." (3x03; just after the first part of the drowning-in-a-car segment.)

---

JC: "I've got consumption and TB. I've got every 1920s disease." (10x04/Botswana; to James, just after they drove through a very dusty bit of the salt pans)

---

RH: "James, we are grown men --"
JM: "Yeah."
RH: "-- playing conkers with caravans."
JM: "That's okay. It's better than working at a bank." (5x04)

---

JM: "What's the Norwegian for 'Oh, cock!'?" (6x06 after he and Richard learned that Jeremy had arrived in Oslo)

(Indeed, any instance where James says, "Oh, cock!" would go here. :nod: )

---

JC: "It's so quick, it can destroy your entire face." (5x09; Ariel Atom review)