Whats the most exotic car you've ever been in/driven.

I just remembered: A few months ago I had a dream that I landed in France to pick up my Bugatti Veyron and then drove it back... to western Canada.

^ Gah, it was a while ago so the details escape me. All I remember is how utterly upset I was when I woke up and I realized I didn't in fact have a new Veyron.

Everyone always says this, but I really woke up expecting a Veyron by my bed... and it was so nice the damn thing, I had picked the signature Bugatti blue.

Probably doesn't qualify as an exotic car, but at 6600 HP, it's pretty impressive.

My dad knew a conductor and he let me drive one of the locomotives one night a long time ago. ^_^

http://img238.imageshack.**/img238/5345/up6913im6.jpg

Drove a Ferrari 355 GTS this weekend! :woot: :woot:

As you would expect, driving it is just awesome...
380 hp, manual gearbox, and a brilliant soundtrack, loved every minute of it!

100_0179.jpg

100_0181.jpg

It was a nice drive, with nice twisty bits and a highway section in between where I really opened up the taps.
Since I was driving "with instructor" I couldn't really do whatever I wanted but all he actually prevented me from doing was nailing it in first gear (since 380 hp means wheelspin, which in turn means drift, which in turn means very expensive accident) and I couldn't go over 7,500 rpm. Which was plenty for me!

You've all seen the pictures and the videos about this car (which was dubbed "greatest car ever" by Jeremy Clarkson)and think "It can't possibly be that good in real life". And you're right. It's better. A lot better

The sound is just amazing after 4000 rpm it really flies. 100 kph in 2nd? Not a problem at all!
Only thing I thought was pretty crap was the interior. Maybe that was because the car had already done 200,000 kms, but aside from weird indicating lights and a worn interior on the drivers' side, it was super awesome.

It's also really rewarding to have the "real" Ferrari gearbox instead of a flappy paddle one. Car goes vroaaaaaaaaa *clinc* vroaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa *clinck" which is really, really cool.

On the highway we got up to about 180 kph until the dude said "erm, if you get a ticket it's your licence". Point taken then. :mrgreen:

Controls were very very heavy, clutch pedal was unbelievable tough , but thankfully I never stalled it.
All in all a fantastic drive. Could'nt live with the car on a daily basis though. It's springs are very hard, the brake pedal needs 2 feet to make it brake to the max (which I did, you would'nt believe how good they are), and more importantly, I would never tire of hearing that V8 sing behind me.

Also the fact that a new clutch costs 3,000? and needs to be replaced every 5000 kms is a bit much. That and the fact that a normal service costs 8,000?. :blink:

Video : http://www.youtube.com/v/6J73sqOrMUE&hl=en

Last edited:
^ All I can say is... YOU LUCKY BASTARD! :cry:

I love the F355 GTS's air vents. :lol:

May I ask, how you got the opportunity to drive such a beast?

Oh, and one last question; did it have Capristo exhausts? :eek:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtd2yxvVR0[/youtube]

Last edited:
^ I was gonna comment on the air vents. :lol:

Gotta love the F355. Certainly more of a looker in its time than either the 360 or 430. Although the interior is a bit crap, isn't it?

^ All I can say is... YOU LUCKY BASTARD! :cry:

I love the F355 GTS's air vents. :lol:

May I ask, how you got the opportunity to drive such a beast?

the vents are so cool, the actually hide the door handles underneath :D
I got the opportunity because I have an awesome wife who bought me a "good for a drive in a Ferrari" coupon :mrgreen: (from www.goldenmoments.com)

I dunno about the exhaust, it looked and sounded standard. But what do I know?
The one I drove looked to be an older one, but very reliable. Had 199,000 kms on the clock for chrissakes (although it was on its 2nd engine)

Hmm, pointless thread but it's fun to dick wave.

Sat in: Diablo SV

Driven: \/ That one there \/

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_qtd2yxvVR0[/youtube]

:jawdrop:

I need that soundtrack in my life.

Sat in a SLR. Very cramped.

Also been in a 911 GT3 round Knockhill for a few passenger laps.

^ Hey, nice amphibious vehicle you got there. How do you think it would fare in the English Channel?

Oh I see. They take people on "duck" tours. Very clever. :rolleyes:

Obviously I was alluding to the Top Gear challenge from last series...