If you had lots of time and...

post random shit all over the internets.
wait, what am I doing now?

I'd also drive everywhere and explore Yurop, but then again that would require money.

I should point out that you can't post and do stuff on the internets, being as it costs monies!

Last edited:
I should point out that you can't point on the internets, being as it costs monies!

in that case fapping is the only thing there is left to do.
It's free and can give much pleasure.

It's an even better game if there are atleast 2 players involved. And still free, too :mrgreen:

Travel.

I already have a tent, a sleeping bag, a bike, a backpack...

...just steal fruit off of trees enroute and I'm sorted.

Travel.

I already have a tent, a sleeping bag, a bike, a backpack...

...just steal fruit off of trees enroute and I'm sorted.

This got me thinking.

I've always thought about what it would be like to travel across open land, but then I think about the lack of open range nowadays. You can't really travel cross country across open land anymore, which is something I wish I could do.

I'd start a website where people could exchange opinions about the tv-show I like and maybe even download it. \o/

Could you have a friend of yours set up an IRC network to go with the website? Maybe it could even have some Finnish dude posting links to random NSFW stuff?

Man, that sounds pretty awesome! The only downside I can see is that it might stop you from getting a driver's license.

This got me thinking.

I've always thought about what it would be like to travel across open land, but then I think about the lack of open range nowadays. You can't really travel cross country across open land anymore, which is something I wish I could do.

I guess it depends on your definition of 'open land'.

I believe it's entirely possible to walk or cycle across America. Okay, so you will have to use roads for a lot or most of the time, but still. Do you mean by 'open land' that it's not possible to cross America without using roads? I'd agree with that.

Side note - you can do two thirds of the US, north to south (or vice versa) using the Appalachian Trail...You can go all the way south to north using the PCT,

Cycling across either France or the UK is something that's a dream of mine that I plan to do one day. I've read several books about that kind of thing (and one about a guy who kayaked around Scotland!). Admittedly, it's a lot smaller than the US...

Last edited:
I guess it depends on your definition of 'open land'.

I believe it's entirely possible to walk or cycle across America. Okay, so you will have to use roads for a lot or most of the time, but still. Do you mean by 'open land' that it's not possible to cross America without using roads? I'd agree with that.

Side note - you can do two thirds of the US, north to south (or vice versa) using the Appalachian Trail...You can go all the way south to north using the PCT,

Cycling across either France or the UK is something that's a dream of mine that I plan to do one day. I've read several books about that kind of thing (and one about a guy who kayaked around Scotland!). Admittedly, it's a lot smaller than the US...

Yeah, I know about the Appalachian Trail and PCT. They are pretty well known trails, but what I should have mentioned was my desire to explore my part of the country.

Biking around big diesel trucks going 60 mph on 2 way roads seems like suicide. Everything in Texas seems to be private property or ranch land and the chances of getting shot for just walking near or around such places is kind of depressing.

This got me thinking.

plenty of open land for you to attempt to cross here (and die from attempting to cross as well :p )

Lavenlian said:
Yeah, I know about the Appalachian Trail and PCT. They are pretty well known trails, but what I should have mentioned was my desire to explore my part of the country.

Biking around big diesel trucks going 60 mph on 2 way roads seems like suicide.

Yep, agree with that. I've a book about a couple who cycled across the States (they also cycled across the Atlantic in a pedal boat). There was another guy who was trying to rollercoaster across the US but broke his leg halfway through. Think once he recovered he completed his quest though. (edit - Here's the book in question. Got it for ?3 in Fopp.

Everything in Texas seems to be private property or ranch land and the chances of getting shot for just walking near or around such places is kind of depressing.

That's pretty sucky.

*thankful for his right to walk wherever he damn well wants.*

plenty of open land for you to attempt to cross here (and die from attempting to cross as well :p )

I remember reading a National Geographic series done back in the 90's about one of their photographers or writers (can't remember which) biking from one end of Australia to the other. He would stop all along the way to cover a wide range of oddities and stories.

Anyway, it seems like lots of folks have tried this before. I bet it's quite the adventure.

Study, and study on Biology, Chemistry, and Physicks till I get a Masters by the time I'm 17 :)