Japantastic (56K warning)

Thats all the car photos I have this time, I told you I was running out.
Hope you don't mind me posting more non-auto stuff again

Business card vending machine

businesscardmachine.jpg

Capsule hotel, yes they still exist but internet cafes are taking over cos theyre cheap.

capsulesauna.jpg

Some funny English on a handbag

baglabel.jpg

Some spinning balls

ballspin.jpg

Cherry blossom season has just finished, so I'll post some shots of people picnicking under the flowers, in the dirt, on the pavement etc. Seriously, this city is at its capacity, they cant cram any more people in.

hanami1.jpg

hanami2.jpg

hanami3.jpg

hanami4.jpg

hanami5.jpg

hanamisushibeer.jpg

Here are the Nationalists yelling at people through megaphones outside Shibuya station, bring back the Emporer! US military out! Foreigners out! and all that tripe.

shibuya_nationalists.jpg

Shibuya station

shibuyastation.jpg

This is a "park" in Harajuku, you cant really see in the pic, but its actually a median strip.

streetparkharajuku.jpg

Anyone remember these old high/low gearshifts on bikes? There was another one with a speedo too. How about pegging some cardboard to the front forks to make your bike sound like a motorbike and riding in formation pretending to be officer Ponch from "Chips"? Or was that just me?

oldbike.jpg

oldstreetscape.jpg

oldhouseyuuchan.jpg

oldhouse.jpg

How can you have a picnic in the crowd, on the pavement. Well, Japan's just different

Great pics and YES you have to keep on posting ;)

Those picnic photos make St James' Park look practically empty! Great stuff!

Nice pic of the Saleen Mustang!

Anyway, i would die for this right now:

hanamisushibeer.jpg

How can you have a picnic in the crowd, on the pavement. Well, Tokyo's just different

fixed that for you

Just remember, Tokyo does NOT represent most of japan, just like New York City is very unrepresentative of most of America.

If those people looked at me like that, I'd run for my life. XD

Well, if you look at the old people in the distance and the guy in the old style hat, they were all singing old Japanese folk songs. The young guys in the foreground turned round and said something, probably hello, and we all laughed. Ive never felt threatened or in danger the whole time I've been here. Its a different story for women but its a pretty non-violent society, even when people drink themselves into oblivion they rarely become violent.

(or maybe you were being sarcastic?)

I looked at the bloke with the red hair (?), he looks pretty scary. Or maybe my 15" 1024x768 display is rubbish so I can't really see his facial expression :mrgreen:

Great job hansvonaxion. Please post more photos, anything will do. I've always wanted to go to Tokyo and this thread is really awesome.

lulz-1.png

he does look sort of pissed

Japanese street art, unfortunately easily overlooked.

normal_s_DSC01420.jpg

normal_s_DSC01450.jpg

normal_s_DSC01553.jpg

normal_s_DSC01704.jpg

normal_s_DSC02037.jpg

normal_s_DSC02047.jpg

normal_s_DSC02227.jpg

normal_s_DSC02228.jpg

normal_s_DSC02230.jpg

normal_s_DSC02335.jpg

normal_s_DSC02344.jpg

normal_s_DSC02461.jpg