Clarkson's Back!

Ilpav

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'04 Toyota Corolla LE
Jeremy is finally back again to his Sunday Times articles after a 3 week "vacation." It's about the Callaway C6 Corvette.

http://driving.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/driving/jeremy_clarkson/article3768858.ece

Top Gear is screened all over the world, from remote Himalayan villages to the bullet-ridden boulevards of Lebanon. It is a genuine, bona fide export success. But in the US it is watched only by half a handful of expats who diligently follow BBC America, and a few torrentists on the interweb.

That's us!!! :D

Also, he mentions that he reviewed the Corvette in California. There must be some important reason for him going to Cali, and I don't think it's just for the car. Maybe he's doing something for Top Gear there? ;)

May and Clarkson both in California? Is Hammond up next in the Cali bean-spilling stakes? Hmmmmm....

EDIT: And at El Toro itself! The plot thickens.

Last edited:
Well how else are we supposed to get it? :)

Isn't Gear being filmed a El Toro? And Clarkson was going to be consulting on the production of Gear wasn't he?

Isn't Gear being filmed a El Toro? And Clarkson was going to be consulting on the production of Gear wasn't he?

I am pretty sure that's the reason. Don't expect him to be on the show though.

so bout that review?? he liked the corvette said new level of excitment blah blah exceptional car...( and indirectly says ) wouldnt want to own one because its american.. :? whats new lol

so bout that review?? he liked the corvette said new level of excitment blah blah exceptional car...( and indirectly says ) wouldnt want to own one because its american.. :? whats new lol

In his defense, he said he would buy it if he lived in the US.

yeah I agree with him though, You see people in Lambos, Astons, Jags etc and they'll smile at them because its an amazing car, you see someone in a Mustang and there getting funny looks from other drivers or people on the street. The new C6 is a bit less like that tho, but one with a big hump in it might look silly.

Personally I'd take a stock C6 any day, in yellow, with the black headlights like the ALMS racers :D

i like when jeeza says car names in american accent.

Mitsuboosi

man i just love it.

"Then there?s the pronunciation issue. Jagwarr, Teeyoda, Neesarn, Hundy, Mitsuboosi, BM Dubya, V Dubya ? it?s all completely mangled. "

:lol: :rofl: lmao:

I love Clarkson

^ I think that is a Texan accent really. Anyone from America care to comment?

Its an over exaggerated southern accent. We get idiots like that here in Oklahoma, too, and its quite annoying trying to listen to them speak. 'Trying' being the key word.

:D Yes, those are southern accents.

Comparing the southern US to california, or the northern one is like comparing scotland to france, or scotland to poland.

You all do remember how ridiculously huge and spread out the country is right? Tons of differant distinct cultures and whatnot? Dont paint with such a broad brush.

This seems the same as almost every other one of his reviews.

Its an over exaggerated southern accent. We get idiots like that here in Oklahoma, too, and its quite annoying trying to listen to them speak. 'Trying' being the key word.

I have, honestly, never heard it called anything but "Mitsubishi" (pronounced as it's spelled). Though, trying to pronounce it like the way Clarkson spelled it... I do end up doing an, almost, stereotypical John Wayne accent.

I, therefore, feel vicariously for the pain it must be to be subjected to such verbal slaughter :p

Last edited:
I posted a comment on the times site... it probably won't make it. :(

The thing with most Americans is, they will buy anything with 'Made in America' stamped somewhere on the product, regardless of inferiority... some would call it patriotism, I'd call it stupid.

most Americans

Again, the appearance of the mythical "most americans". Perhaps this is some kind of lost civilization or ancient cautionary tale, but as i've said in many threads before, anything following "most americans" is likely to be complete and utter bullshit. (See: "I Heard" and "Some are saying")

So Americans only buy "made in America" products regardless of quality? Well lets just have a look inside the article this thread is based on. I'll go to the trouble for you, no need to thank me! It says inside that currently foreign automakers are outselling the domestic ones. Now i don't know if "most Americans" means 49% or less of Americans's (sounds like some shady math to me), but that makes me think that real, actual Americans are buying on quality first and badge second.

Last edited:
Again, the appearance of the mythical "most americans". Perhaps this is some kind of lost civilization or ancient cautionary tale, but as i've said in many threads before, anything following "most americans" is likely to be complete and utter bullshit. (See: "I Heard" and "Some are saying")

So Americans only buy "made in America" products regardless of quality? Well lets just have a look inside the article this thread is based on. I'll go to the trouble for you, no need to thank me! It says inside that currently foreign automakers are outselling the domestic ones. Now i don't know if "most Americans" means 49% or less of Americans's (sounds like some shady math to me), but that makes me think that real, actual Americans are buying on quality first and badge second.

You like whining don't you? You moan so much you could be British! :lol:

I posted a comment on the times site... it probably won't make it. :(

The thing with most Americans is, they will buy anything with 'Made in America' stamped somewhere on the product, regardless of inferiority... some would call it patriotism, I'd call it stupid.

If that were true, we wouldn't be in a recession.