Nordschleife Ringmeet Thread

Bump!

I'm liking the weekend of July the 19/20.
Theres something on the saturday (19th) where the ring isn't open for us that long, but on sunday it's open the whole day.

Bump!

I'm liking the weekend of July the 19/20.
Theres something on the saturday (19th) where the ring isn't open for us that long, but on sunday it's open the whole day.

Exactly what? If we're meeting on a non-public day it should better be a good event at least :)

Also, I remember some people (swek) said that sunday is no good because monday is a working day, so saturday should be the "main" meet day.

Exactly what? If we're meeting on a non-public day it should better be a good event at least :)

it?s the VLN, definitely worth watching...

I?ll probably still have exams then though, so I dunno yet if the date is any good for me...

What about the 24h endurance race (may 23rd to 25th)? I already have tickets for me and a buddy of me so we will definitely be there. :cool:

Hey petrolheads,

I added my available weekends to doodle ...

I'll be at the ring for the 24h race in may ... Wed 21st till Sun 25th also ...

Greetings
Michael

Just catching up on this thread...
Unfortunately July is the busiest month of this year for me in terms of weekends... :(
(going to Berlin for a week and half to celebrate mine and my housemates birthdays takes up two of them straight away!)
Still, we'll see what happens. I'm quickly spending my moneys anyway which doesn't help!

Anything after 21st, 22nd is perfect with me, since i'll get paid by then.

I am not sure about the date of my girlfriend's graduation, apart from that, I should be available. Should.

I'm very interested in trying to do this and get there; unfortunately as I'm currently in between jobs I've no idea when I'll be free or not.

Plus I'd be hire-caring and don't care to be lifelong-banned by Hertz...

edit - Would anyone be interested in sharing a dedicated 'Ring rental toy? That way I could legally drive about on the 'Ring, and if we shared it the cost would be reduced...Obviously if you're bringing your own car then this probably doesn't interest you.

Last edited:
edit - Would anyone be interested in sharing a dedicated 'Ring rental toy? That way I could legally drive about on the 'Ring, and if we shared it the cost would be reduced...Obviously if you're bringing your own car then this probably doesn't interest you.

I dunno, that seven looks tempting. 210e for 4 hours, makes about 50e for an hour. Which can be around 4 runs even on relatively slow pace. Driving for 4 hours by yourself would be exhausting, but if 4 people would be chipping in 50e and taking turns to drive, I'm in :)

Other cars could be faster, but driving a 7 is something I've always wanted :)

Great idea, but I think they rent the car out well aware of the fact that no one can drive it the whole time without taking breaks, so if you try to sign on 4 drivers onto one car it might be a problem. But it?s definitely worth asking them about it. The other problem is that in most cases you have to be 25 or older in order to rent these ringtools...

It would be a nice idea but I have no experience at all when it come to true sport cars, so I don't think beginning by a ring lap would be a wise idea :-D

I'd be in for a rental.