Random Thoughts....

I find it interesting how in the posting of all our weights and heights, all the metric ppl went through the trouble of converting their weight and height to imperial, yet the imperial ppl only posted their measurements in imperial units.

Or you can do it aussie style and have half and half :p

Also my mind is rotted after reading the "blogs" on drive.com.au god that site is shit for reviews as well

I find it interesting how in the posting of all our weights and heights, all the metric ppl went through the trouble of converting their weight and height to imperial, yet the imperial ppl only posted their measurements in imperial units.

I'm guessing it has something to do with this being an English-language forum based around a British TV show.

I'm sure PSDF and Chris will be more than willing dance partners.

Note to self: I need to e-hang out in the chat more often.

Yes, you certainl e-do.

I need to lose about 15-20 lbs but I have always been on the thicker side anyway so doesn't really bother me. Big thick legs, big chest and very broad shoulders.

About 225 lbs/ 102 kg
5 foot 11/ 180 cm

ahhemmhhh

I have the conversion factors for most common units memorized.

2.54 cm to an inch and about 2.2 lbs to a kg can get you through just about any conversion.

Do a lot of people here use VeohTV? I want to watch Life of Mammals (documentary series by Attenborough) online and it's available through Veoh, but I don't want to download an application that I'm not too familiar with. Is it alright to download or should I just skip Veoh?

Ditto. However, I did get a letter from my uni for being too much of a pirate. Some fuckers put a poison-pill download of the bank job on mininova and I downloaded it and lionsgate logged my IP.

Ditto. However, I did get a letter from my uni for being too much of a pirate. Some fuckers put a poison-pill download of the bank job on mininova and I downloaded it and lionsgate logged my IP.

A university that still uses paper? No way!

Where do you think they take the money that I overpay for tuition? PAPER!

Of course it was redundant, because they sent me an email, but they felt it necessary to call a meeting so they could yell at me and tell me that piracy is bad. Then they gave me a fucking ream of emails. ON PAPER. I wish this university could economize a little so I could spend more moneys on booze and less on them slapping me on the wrist.

Where do you think they take the money that I overpay for tuition? PAPER!

Of course it was redundant, because they sent me an email, but they felt it necessary to call a meeting so they could yell at me and tell me that piracy is bad. Then they gave me a fucking ream of emails. ON PAPER. I wish this university could economize a little so I could spend more moneys on booze and less on them slapping me on the wrist.

haha, at U of M they just say that you'll get a fine if they catch you multiple times. I'm pretty sure there are ways of getting around it, but streaming is getting very popular so you can find movies pretty easily.

Oh and summer vacation has started, I've got the next 4 months to lay around the house.

It's the same in BC. The regular school year is from September to December, then from January to April. April to August you can still take classes, but they're considered summer classes.

A lot of kids do courses in the summer, but if you take a full course load then you can bum around from end of April to the beginning of September.

Also, I'm getting peeved by the waste of paper as well since I've moved out and have to deal with a lot more paperwork. For instance, I threw out my YellowPages the day I got it... why do they waste so many resources sending out 1000 page phone directories to every single house, even though it's all available online? Or why does McDonald's give me a long ass receipt for a cheeseburger that cost me $1.66?

^ Thats why I like places that ask you if you want a receipt. If I'm buying food, no I don't want a receipt (yes I know people buying for multiple people would want one, but give the option).

Im maby moving to Dubai for at least a year to work for Arla. Thing is, their giving me a really nice apartment and a chauffeur.. But i'd be moving away from friends and family (You get to fly 2-3 people down every 3 months for 10 days)

Don't know if i should take it or not.

Im maby moving to Dubai for at least a year to work for Arla. Thing is, their giving me a really nice apartment and a chauffeur.. But i'd be moving away from friends and family (You get to fly 2-3 people down every 3 months for 10 days)

I'd love to do that. Working internationally has been a goal for me for a long time. But, I'm an only child, single, and open to anything, so I wouldn't be leaving much behind.

Ditto. No Spring quarter? Wha? Or is this just what you get for getting beat by OSU as long as anyone cares to remember?

As Shawn explained, we have two semesters. There is the Spring + Summer semesters, but those are considered extra. Some of my friends at other schools get out next week, so I guess it's not really uncommon to end this early. We had a shorter winter break than most people so I assume they rewarded us with an early summer vacation.
I could stay at U of M and take some courses but they cost quite a bit. So I'm taking a class or two at a local university and I'm planning on relearning all of introductory biology and chemistry on my own.

Last edited:

Do it! When do you think you will ever live in the Middle East for a year, a place totally foreign to you. How cool is that? This way you can say "yes, I did it". Besides, it's Dubai; clean, modern Dubai, not...I dunno, Al-Khobar, Saudi Arabia.

:p