Beijing700R concept car

MadCow809

Forum Addict
The one and only Chinese car that looks nice.

Too bad it will still drive like shit. And personally, I find that "Honda" badge quite funny....

01.jpg

02.jpg

03.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

07.jpg

08.jpg

09.jpg

10.jpg

11.jpg

Last edited:
details are a bit finicky, but that is a very striking coupe. Can't believe the commies came up with something halfway decent.

The detailing's too fussy, but that aside it's not bad at all - nice proportions.

Too bad it will still drive like shit.

office_space_kit_mat.jpg

I'm with fbc - details are rather over-the-top but the basic shape looks elegant enough.

:clap: Bravo Chinese designers! See what you guys can produce when you have nothing to lose? (Even if it is vaguely Aston-shaped somehow, but that's more like a compliment. For the cynics: at least they're copying the right people.) I sincerely hope some Chinese company builds this, because a country running around with long-hooded sports cars is one that is truly awesome.

It will.

If the Chinese engineers decide to tune the suspension themselves.

But if they get experts to do this car, then I'll take my word back.

Is it just me after an early jetlagged morning, or are there styling cues from a lot of other cars in this one? Can think of many names right now, but the mirrors look like those on the camaro concept... and those side indicators and the hood vent, the near aston martin rear three quarter panel (whatever you call that)

or is it that maybe I should get some more sleep?

^ Come now Alok, let's not play the 'spot-the-other-cars-styling' game, lest this thread degenerate like every other thread about a new car or concept...

Is it just me after an early jetlagged morning, or are there styling cues from a lot of other cars in this one? Can think of many names right now, but the mirrors look like those on the camaro concept... and those side indicators and the hood vent, the near aston martin rear three quarter panel (whatever you call that)

or is it that maybe I should get some more sleep?

The roofline and window sculpture is very AMV8 if you ask me, the restraint of the front is kind of 08 American Honda Accordish, although i stand by the latter comment less so.

See! If you don't copy everyone else and start putting some effort into designing then you can make something that's nice.

Ooooohhhhhh, China knows how to do sexy.

Well, maybe it's a little busy in places but the overall thing is rather nice.

Got to be the best looking thing that's coming from China since Zhang Ziyi.

The only thing I don't like are the radiator grills, I prefer some regular honeycomb ones.

Wow, that actually looks good. Some of the details are a bit much, not to mention it will probably have a 10 year old Mitsubishi drivetrain and fail horribly when crash tested, but it does look pretty good.

05.jpg

The logo is a stylized version of the "Bei" in "Beijing":
https://pic.armedcats.net/l/la/labcoatguy/2008/04/27/bei.gif

The similarity to the Honda logo is pure coincidence, of course.

Nice job Chinese designers, but why couldn't you design your own f:censored:king logo while your at it instead of using tracing paper not only over the Honda logo but to add insult to injury their F:censored:king Type R logo too! Stop it, you lazy, terminally unimaginative F:censored:cks!

/bundled into van by men in blue tracksuits and beaten to death

Last edited: