No 56k: Grand Theft Auto IV

No thats not amazing, thats just sad. How little of a life must you have to find achievement in sitting in front of a TV for days on end, just playing this game. It takes ALL the fun out of it. And I'm certainly not impressed by it. They are just plain weird.:|

They are game testers. It's their job to play the game for hours on end.

There's far more pc gamers than console gamers. And seeing how easily Quiky got his copy to run, i doubt it's harder to warez.

There's far more pc gamers than console gamers.

Umm...no. The situation has changed very much after X-Box 360 came out.

There's far more pc gamers than console gamers. And seeing how easily Quiky got his copy to run, i doubt it's harder to warez.

It's complicated. I did purchase the game, so it's not like they lost any sales.

Let's talk story here. I was just about to stop an NPC from killing his wife. I actually thought "I'll not allow him to do this. He's insane" This is GTA. What's going on?

Seriously, I love how they put the violence into context. In that regard it isn't like any previous installment. You're actually immersed in the world and don't feel like some random thug out to kill for no reason. So far I didn't even go on a killing spree out of boredom and I'm 16 hours into the game.

Me neither... Sooo much to do, people calling all the time. I guess I should set some time aside just to hang out with people and do minigames soon. And lots of drunk driving... :mrgreen:

Also: At one point you get into a moral conflict ->
who to kill? X or D? I whacked D, and then Playboy said he can't see me anymore because I killed his mentor. I guess other than the phone call it doesn't matter which one you choose...

Me neither... Sooo much to do, people calling all the time. I guess I should set some time aside just to hang out with people and do minigames soon. And lots of drunk driving... :mrgreen:

who to kill? X or D? I whacked D, and then Playboy said he can't see me anymore because I killed his mentor. I guess other than the phone call it doesn't matter which one you choose...

If you kill X, Dwayne calls to let you know you can use his loft apartment as a safehouse. If you kill Dwayne, you just get money. I killed Playboy most of the time because that seemed more 'right', but the safehouse is almost useless since you get another one in Northern Algonquin, just round the corner from the Grotti (ferrari) dealership.

Woohoo, I just reserved a copy at a local Comet. I can go and pick it up at 9 when they open.

I heard that they expect to gross over 300 million $ on this game the first 24 hours alone.

That's batshit insane!

I heard that they expect to gross over 300 million $ on this game the first 24 hours alone.

That's batshit insane!
Yeah, fuck movies!

Fuckin' hell, when will that bloody DHL-guy finally show up with my copy? :blowup:

I AM SO NOT GOING TO UNIVERSITY TODAY!

[/nerd]

Gonna go sleep for the next 36 hours until my PS3 arrives (must kill time!).

Last edited:

I killed X for the simple reason that he was first to ask me to kill his friend. He was a bitch and deserved to die. ;)

Congrats to those who get to play it first, we "PC" pple just have to wait longer to play it. Anyway, for those who missed some of the gameplay, here's one with hookers involved, I would turn the volume down for this due to the dialogues, and please don't watch it in front of kids... :p

It's great that Rockstar can get away with this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O51l7S7Sx3g[/YOUTUBE]