Top Gear arch enemy Ken Livingston kicked out of office

MacGuffin

Forum Addict
Car(s)
'17 Ford Mustang GT Fastback
I just read that London's mayor Ken Livingston was deselected and will now be replaced by Boris Johnson.

I suppose that is a happy day for Jeremy, James and Richard, especially since Boris Johnson was already a "star in a reasonably priced car" and seems to have a more pragmatic relationship towards cars :)

What do you think of that?

It's interesting indeed for all Top Gear fans, both because the trio always ripped on Kenny Boy, and because Boris has already been a guest.

However, there's a thread on the London city elections already.

Last edited:
Must have missed that. Where is it?

Thanks, I found it.

But maybe it's good to know this also for those who never browse the policital discussions forum ;)

^ That means no more ridiculous regulations for our Top Gear boys? :thumbsup:

The new Mayor - Boris Johnson also has his own book on cars - it's a collection of his driving columns called Boris Johnson in the Fast Lane.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Life-Fast-L...=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1209804708&sr=8-7

He comes, he sees, he plays with the gadgets! Boris Johnson has been behind the wheel of some of the world's fastest, most luxurious cars. He's taken the Jaguar XKR-R for a spin around a posh public school; roared through Islington in the AC Cobra V8; and spent a weekend tearing through the lanes of Sussex in the splendour of the Mercedes S55 AMG. Now he's going to reveal exactly what it was like. Pondering the fundamental questions -- What does it feel like to be overtaken by a female driver when you're behind the wheel of an Alfa Romeo? Can a car really precipitate a mid-life crisis? -- Boris Johnson's hilarious dispatches from life in the fast lane will appeal to anyone who's found themselves behind the wheel of one of modern motoring's finer specimens. But it's not all glamour and gadgets. Because when he's not baiting his Holloway neighbours with the Rolls Royce Corniche, we see Boris trying, and failing, to get to grips with the Smart car, and attempting to flee Kosovo in a Fiat Uno. Published together for the first time as a Paperback Original, these hilarious vignettes are vintage Boris: witty, candid and unique.

Not really... first of all, a lot of the shitty policies the boys complain about have nothing to do with Mayor of London since they're nationwide.

Secondly, incoming politicians generally don't make radical changes to their predecessor's decisions, unless it was a campaign promise. Do you think if the Democrats win in the US they're gonna undo 8 years of Bush rule, pull out of Iraq and apologize to everyone?

^ That means no more ridiculous regulations for our Top Gear boys? :thumbsup:

Secondly, incoming politicians generally don't make radical changes to their predecessor's decisions, unless it was a campaign promise. Do you think if the Democrats win in the US they're gonna undo 8 years of Bush rule, pull out of Iraq and apologize to everyone?

Even though it would be the right thing to do?

Pulling out of Iraq is the wrong thing to do right now. Sadly, they're at a point now that they can't pull out... if nothing else, it would be a big disservice to all the soldiers and civilians who have died. America is the cause of all the current insurgent violence in Iraq, they need to fix this before they pack up and leave.

But if you know anything about how politics tend to work, politicians generally don't undo the work of their predecessors. Fine if it's a huge issue and everyone dislikes it, but I wonder how much general Londoners (non-petrolheads) hate Ken's road policies like the CC and bus lanes and whatever else Ken introduced? London isn't the only big city with such measures.

We dont have to set fire to him anymore then...pity :p

Do you think if the Democrats win in the US they're gonna undo 8 years of Bush rule, pull out of Iraq and apologize to everyone?

Well, it would be a start to make it up to the world :mrgreen:

They could've rolled over and ignored Pearl Harbour...:p

You mean like the USS Arizona did?

/ticket to hell, please.
//Stop hitting me, I'm not even Japanese!