Random Thoughts....

Now that Adu's baby is here, that previous icon of mine is in poor taste. So, back to the totally un-sinister fat-baby from Doctor Who.

^ Decent excuse, but we all know Quiky PM'd you and threatened to e-assrape you if you continued the Pedobear campaign. :lol:

OMG HAX!!!

1337 HAX!!!

I only say that because I stumbled upon the personal number plate thread and that's Austere's.

One of you Adelaide blokes should do some investigating...

my old man has a 360 elite....

But I still beat him in forza 2 and tdu :D

Last time I heard, it took you two hours to beat your dad's lap record. :p

One of you Adelaide blokes should do some investigating...

Seriously, is there any way of sending an Adelaide member to check up on him? Do we know his real name or anything?

Lots of people disappear after posting for a while, but Austere was really a fun part of the community, so I don't think he would leave without saying anything. Therefore, I think something unfortunate must have happened to him. :cry:

^ Speaking of which, a few of my friends are always studying and working their arses off to get good mark, whereas I'm always carefree and having almost all the time and am still getting the same grades as them.

I get called a lazy arse by them. In my opinion, anybody can sit and study for hours and memories everything but actually being smart is understanding something faster and better than the next guy.

It depends, at your age I barely studied at all just because the material being taught wasn't really challenging. But it's good to start a habit of studying or at least reviewing what is taught, even if the material isn't hard. I wouldn't say you were smarter than your friends just based on the fact that you don't study as much and get the same grades. If anything, when you are learning harder subjects, those people will be used to studying and have a method down to study effectively. I don't know how schools are taught in Australia, but high school was where I learned my study habits due to the nature of the classes.

College/university is a lot harder in my opinion, but it does vary quite a bit from school to school. College is where study habits are really stressed. Even if you think you are a master of a subject, you still have to put in a shitload of time to review the lessons you thought you would easily get through. If not high school, college is where a lot of people really struggle just because they aren't prepared for the amount of work that is assigned.

^ Aim to come top, always. Porsche do not enter a race and say "I have a better car and driver than the next team lets just finish equal without trying". Win if you can LeMans GTR - can you?

Seriously, is there any way of sending an Adelaide member to check up on him? Do we know his real name or anything?

Lots of people disappear after posting for a while, but Austere was really a fun part of the community, so I don't think he would leave without saying anything. Therefore, I think something unfortunate must have happened to him. :cry:

That's a good point. I can't imagine that Austere's been distracted by something - it's not like anything interesting ever happens in Adelaide...

^ Decent excuse, but we all know Quiky PM'd you and threatened to e-assrape you if you continued the Pedobear campaign. :lol:

That's the weird thing, it mysteriously...disappeared this afternoon; I put it back up then changed it back to fattiti there. That's my line and I"m sticking to it.

Ahh Austere, where art thee...

There was one theory about him having some sort of chronic back pain. Although if your movement was extremely limited through injury i would think one of the few things left you could do without moving is go on the interweb.

I suspect his choice to leave was deliberate, something about him ending on exactly 1400 posts seems more than a coincidence. As for not saying anything, well he was the type to move in mysterious ways.

The other the theory is that of hijinks gone wrong involving rectal induction of alcohol...

I miss seeing his afx avatar on every other page.

It depends, at your age I barely studied at all just because the material being taught wasn't really challenging. But it's good to start a habit of studying or at least reviewing what is taught, even if the material isn't hard. I wouldn't say you were smarter than your friends just based on the fact that you don't study as much and get the same grades. If anything, when you are learning harder subjects, those people will be used to studying and have a method down to study effectively. I don't know how schools are taught in Australia, but high school was where I learned my study habits due to the nature of the classes.

College/university is a lot harder in my opinion, but it does vary quite a bit from school to school. College is where study habits are really stressed. Even if you think you are a master of a subject, you still have to put in a shitload of time to review the lessons you thought you would easily get through. If not high school, college is where a lot of people really struggle just because they aren't prepared for the amount of work that is assigned.
Indeed. Someone once told me that being very committed and only mediocre at whatever you're doing trumps being talented but lazy by miles. Don't get complacent LMGTR. You're still a kid, but High School and College lie ahead. Things aren't as easy there.

The other the theory is that of hijinks gone wrong involving rectal induction of alcohol...
alobohol

Even if Austere had in fact been struck with a slipped disc, it's been long enough that he should have recovered or at least recovered enough to give us an update.

The fact he ended at post #1400 could be a coincidence. When you're a regular poster, you pass milestones without even realizing it.

Recently, I've gotten a really strong liking for the W202 Merc C class. I think maybe its gonna be on my list of cars to replace the A6 with. I know at the moment my #1 is the 95 Audi S6 (and that the C is smaller than the Audi A6/S6, but perhaps in these times, smaller is good. The C36 gets approx the same mileage I get in my A6).
Here the way I've been looking at it.
Merc C280 > A6 2.8
Merc C43 > S6 > Merc C36