Random Thoughts....

DO NOT USE SPICY PICKLES! Regular pickles are fine.
I object to your discrimination against spicy pickles. :devil: #makingitpolitical

Is this normal behavior? (Rhetorical, I know its not and I'm weird).

Have a package coming from Finland via DHL. Was shipped out today, and I've been tracking it. When I saw that it departed Helsinki 10 minutes prior, I immediately went to FlightRadar24 and searched all the planes in the area for a DHL jet. Found one that was still taxiing, and based on its speed and ground trace, seemed like it had been moving for exactly the same 10 minutes. So clearly my package is on that plane, and now I'm obsessively following its path to Leipzig (calling it now, that's where the next tracking update will be from in 2 hours or so). Will do the same plane too.

Not the first time I've tracked packages to this level of detail either.

Yes, yes it is.

I might have to add that I keep a log of all the flights I take on two different websites just in case one of them suffers a catastrophic data loss... so my definition of "normal" might be a bit skewed when it comes to aviation. :mrgreen:

By the way, your plane is going to land at LEJ soon.

I might have to add that I keep a log of all the flights I take on two different websites just in case one of them suffers a catastrophic data loss... so my definition of "normal" might be a bit skewed when it comes to aviation. :mrgreen:

I have every flight since 2017 logged on App In The Air. I really like the app for the info it provides, though I’ve noticed it often gets tail numbers wrong. I’ve gone back and checked every single tail number against the BTS.gov OTS database. They only record domestic flights though. Missing one international flight tail number. Tried to find it on acarsd.org, but either its not there, or ai couldn’t figure out how to work the search correctly.

By the way, your plane is going to land at LEJ soon.

Landed a while ago, but tracking hasn’t updated yet. Seeing as how every plane on approach right now is a DHJ jet, I’m guessing the have a massive sorting hub there so I’m sure it’ll get scanned in shortly.

EDIT: There it is!
Dz0NQ7q.png

Last edited:
Can we just, like, get a list of approved content for the tender sensibilities of people around here. Do you need a separate "safe" section? When even good wishes are received like this I don't even know what the hell is going on.

Subforums are a good start.

Have a package coming from Finland via DHL. Was shipped out today, and I've been tracking it. When I saw that it departed Helsinki 10 minutes prior, I immediately went to FlightRadar24 and searched all the planes in the area for a DHL jet. Found one that was still taxiing, and based on its speed and ground trace, seemed like it had been moving for exactly the same 10 minutes. So clearly my package is on that plane, and now I'm obsessively following its path to Leipzig (calling it now, that's where the next tracking update will be from in 2 hours or so). Will do the same plane too.

Not the first time I've tracked packages to this level of detail either.
I see nothing wrong with this

Hasn't left LEJ yet, but I just loaded flightradar24 and outbound DHL flights started leaving about 15 minutes ago. Found a plane on the ground heading towards Chicago. Bet my package is on that one.

EDIT: Yup. Departed Leipzig 45 minutes ago, the same time as BCS694 left Leipzig.

Last edited:
@LeVeL - I was criticising @avanti not you. This is political, not personal :)

I just want to say, bah humbug, or happy holidays, whichever you prefer.

Eh, mom went to bed in an angry fury before everyone leaves after angrily cleaning the kitchen because one person didn’t like the gift she gave. Business as usual.

Dad and mom apparently were mad all day before anyone showed according to my little sister.

Eh, mom went to bed in an angry fury before everyone leaves after angrily cleaning the kitchen because one person didn’t like the gift she gave. Business as usual.

Dad and mom apparently were mad all day before anyone showed according to my little sister.
Sounds like Christmas at my place! How fun! :D