Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Don't see the point, also chances are I don't want to match the speed of the car in front of me, I want to go around it.
This depends on the situation.

If there are several lanes to choose from, just change lanes. The ACC will realize the road is clear and accelerate up to whatever speed you asked for when you set it.

If not, you can always use your right foot to override the ACC. That's what you have to do when a car is braking in front of you to turn left into a driveway and there's room on the hard shoulder to pass. I found out last week it throws the anchor when you're trying to aim for the gap.

This is personal opinion of course, so take it as you will, but I see little value in ACC that can't do stop and go traffic.
Like I said I live in a smallish town in a sparsely populated country, so the killer feature for me personally is having my car follow whoever is in front of me when I'm trundling down the road. Bumper to bumper is very nice but still (a close) second place.

No, I'm less concerned about laws and more about kids walking to school with no sidewalk, school buses pulling out of side streets, wild turkeys crossing the road, etc. Yes, I see all of those frequently.
I think your only option is a helicopter

I think your only option is a helicopter

I don't think you can get a manual transmission in one of those. Also, the rules keep you from being Honduras :D

Stop sticking to the pavement and treating that yellow line like a wall and your commute will get wayyyy more interesting :p
The accident I had that got wiped for it being bullshit, the cop legit tried to argue that I was at fault on the basis that apparently legally, you are allowed to create a second lane if the road is wide enough to do so.

This was obviously completely false, so I didn't/wouldn't do it, but holy shit saying that to the OWNER OF AN ABARTH 500, do you have ANY IDEA what you are telling me I should legally be allowed to do? I don't have to cross the middle line to go around cars pulled over to the side of one lane roads like 90% of the time.

The accident I had that got wiped for it being bullshit, the cop legit tried to argue that I was at fault on the basis that apparently legally, you are allowed to create a second lane if the road is wide enough to do so.

This was obviously completely false, so I didn't/wouldn't do it, but holy shit saying that to the OWNER OF AN ABARTH 500, do you have ANY IDEA what you are telling me I should legally be allowed to do? I don't have to cross the middle line to go around cars pulled over to the side of one lane roads like 90% of the time.

Having owned cars smaller than your FIAT as well a couple motorcycles, I wouldn't recommend that. You're just asking to be side swiped as Bob MacBobins suddenly makes an in-lane swerve to avoid a pot hole/squirrel/cat/etc.

This looks like fun.

Having owned cars smaller than your FIAT as well a couple motorcycles, I wouldn't recommend that. You're just asking to be side swiped as Bob MacBobins suddenly makes an in-lane swerve to avoid a pot hole/squirrel/cat/etc.
I do that in my rather wide cars too, scares the crap out of the wife :p

I do that in my rather wide cars too, scares the crap out of the wife :p

At least with a truck you got a bit more metal between you and MacBobins, so you can Mad Max it a bit with him.

For reference, here is a picture of my old MG parked next to a red land yacht.
IMG_0143.JPG

The local exotics dealership recently had three absolutely bonkers SUVs parked together: Urus, Cullinan, and G63 4x4^2. Would you like your mega-SUV to be stupid fast, incredibly luxurious, or great off-road?

I'll take great off road, kthnx.
Ah, the middle-class choice at $240k. At least you're not in the poverty hoopty, the $200k Urus. Me, I'm with @prizrak - $400k Roller FTW!

Edit: they have Bentayagas and Stelvios on the lot too but they're not as interesting.

3tSXhf5.png

QXdVtd6.png

Stop tempting me, I'm not allowed to buy another stupid small car until I own land to store it.