Covid 19 CRISIS

Gatherings over 50 people is now outlawed in Sweden. 3046 infected, 206 in ICU, 92 dead.

86E71BF4-E697-4250-8376-3F3564F3D6D5.jpeg

I’d like to urge everyone with access to BBC Sounds to listen to a few seconds of “Radio Peugeot”. Gives you an idea about the sense in going back to normal by Easter... and perhaps a bit of a chuckle.

Muchisimas gracias! I didn’t even know you can listen from abroad without the Sounds app and/or a VPN.

Also usually can download the non music podasts and on wikipedia pages of the radio channels are usually a choice of streams

get_iplayer might still work too.

Last edited:
^ I'd suggest preparing yourself for the possibility that essential services are discontinued

Oh, you bet. Especially now where the bell curve now is indeed the wrong side of a bell

Annotation 2020-03-27 194931.png

Exactly my thoughts while I’m watching this unfold in certain countries.

Bolsonaro still calling this “a little flu”, Trump blaming China and the Democrats, Xi blaming the US, Putin pretending it’s just not happening in Russia... sometimes, you need a little sarcasm.

I see. Don't forget the implicit number fudging in China and Russia.
It's very hard to read tone through text. can you use the :p smiley on these? I could've sworn that was serious until you clarified.

Alabama governor won’t issue stay-at-home order because 'we are not California.’ By population, it’s worse.

Apparently the governor has lung cancer so it's ok. I feel the red states without big economies are just building the resentment level of blue states. I just know citizens of Alabama, which is a poverty stricken backwater that adds nothing to the economy, are going to blame liberals who live in big cities for the recession and the virus.

Oh and I got a lil shade thrown at me by my mother... Basically I would have saved money and not enabled the virus by going somewhere else instead of having gone to China... over a year ago!

On lighter side of news we got a new water filter and the water feels so slippery.

UK Ventilator crunch looms after snubbing EU action
The government has been accused of missing out on up to 25,000 life-saving ventilators by failing to respond to an offer from a British firm.

It came as the government revealed yesterday that the UK had failed to join the EU-wide procurement scheme for ventilators because it did not get the emails and missed the deadline for taking part.
https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/...w?shareToken=46ec0753f3accd166e43d0744c4d38ef

https://thenantwichnews.co.uk/2020/...t-over-delay-after-offering-5000-ventilators/

Only in France :love:

Ich spreche Französisch nicht.

The guy was making a very... specific and scientific comment: allegedly, there is a higher risk of contagion through hand contact than through a very common form of oral stimulation of the male body. He kept the joke on by reproaching the other participants for laughing at this very important piece of scientific data.