Ownership Verified: The blue Fiesta diesel van driver of Finland

update on the rear hatch opening!

i splashed some cash-money (whole of 49eur) for a new opening button, since the old was gone and continued the opening at random.

so i opened the connector to physically clean it and noticed that the cable was hangin by a thread, so i grabbed my shitty soldering iron, pealed off some insulator and made new connection.

it looks really shitty, but it is inside the connector and there is rubber plug on it "preventing moisture", but it works!

On thursday i went to mot the van, and it passed without any issues.
next mot in may 2021.

Little update since mot:
Drove to germany with the fiesta, since the A7 had studden winter tires, did 2300km driving via sweden and denmark.

about 700km per tank with 5.7L/100km consumption, it jumped to 8L/100km when i did the vmax stint (which was 167km/h).

Had trunk half full of stuff going to cousin from Finland, and could still see from the centre mirror D:

After returning to Finland had a good look of the back of the vehicle after 2k km of wet'n'dirty roads.

didn't feel exhausted after the long drives, the seats are good for long distance.

Also had 140k km service (oils, filters), and they noticed that the rear silencer was nearly gone

They also noted that front disks were corroded and pads still had enough wearable area left.

I booked service for both of those items while i picked the van.

Blue van used for what it's made for. Haulin'!

5.7 is quite a lot. I’ve seen 5.3 in both my father’s Karoq and my Insignia. 2-liter diesels with AWD, both of them.

5.7 is quite a lot. I’ve seen 5.3 in both my father’s Karoq and my Insignia. 2-liter diesels with AWD, both of them.

Eh, to be fair, it was loaded up.

the 5 speed is geared towards city driving :(

Eh, to be fair, it was loaded up.

using all the space inside, but not all the weight limit.

I think that's more than acceptable. I bet @Galantti wasn't exactly trying to hypermile it(what was the top speed again? :D).

Since i changed jobs this year and i don't need van on my new job, i have sold this.

o7

Since i changed jobs this year and i don't need van on my new job, i have sold this.
I love the contrast; posts about sold vehicles are usually long paragraphs extolling the virtues of said lost love, whereas you are "sold it lol bye". <3