The Trump Presidency - how I stopped worrying and learned to love the Hair

Calling them out is really weird, like you want them to flaggelate in front of you or something. It's not the first time you do it either.

One of them in particular did it when people would counter his arguments against Obama.

Calling them out is really weird, like you want them to flaggelate in front of you or something. It's not the first time you do it either.

One of them in particular did it when people would counter his arguments against Obama.

And it was just as annoying back then. Or is that you should only do it when you are right?

I am aware, concerning and very similar at how political dissidents were disappeared around this part of the world in the 80s. Except these ones do not turn up as skulls 20 years after the fact...yet. Your point?

I'd be happy if they admit they were wrong, otherwise their support for Trump lingers as tacit support for his current actions. The other option is they can double down yet again and state they support these actions when they are used against political opponents.

Most of us saw this coming, there is a long history in this thread alone of users pointing out Trump's authoritarian tendencies - all of which were dismissed by his supporters without explanation. Evidence continued to mount with each week that Trump believed himself to be another Putin or Kim Jong-un, and it was all dismissed as hyperbole and alarmist. Now we have unidentified masked secret police kidnapping people off the streets of American cities.

I think after four years of being called a Communist in this thread for wanting people to have a living wage and healthcare, I'm bloody well entitled to ask if this was their vision of our country.

And it was just as annoying back then. Or is that you should only do it when you are right?
No, sorry, but No. I'm not playing this game of double standards again. I'm not taking the high road this time, LeVeL tried this too and it's a play he learned from Trump: set the rules so you can play dirty, then play the victim when the other side does the same; poke and antagonize the other until they call you out and then flop a sympathy card or try to make it look like hypocrisy with crocodile tears and cries of "so much for the tolerant Left." This time I'm going to do the full hour-long "I fucking told you so" interpretive dance and beat poetry number. Trump's bootlickers don't get to slink away into the night and not have someone point out that they were complicit in this unmitigated disaster, they voted for and supported this idiocy, and they did nothing when Trump's spineless stooges in the Senate condoned his actions and emboldened him because they saw a chance to line their pockets for a little bit longer. Supporting the person attacking our elections from within and undermining our very system of governance and way of life is the same as doing it yourself - and I will not sit down and shut up as the place falls down around our ears just to spare someone the embarrassment of being called a fucking idiot.

Last edited:
I don't agree with it, but I at least now know that I was reading it right.

It is richly deserved. Just remember all the crap that non-Trumpettes had to put up with earlier.

However, a simple “Yes, Trump needs to go.” from the likes of LeVeL would suffice, unless it’s followed by a huge “BUT”.

@LeVeL would go off on tirades when he was wrong trying to twist it into him being right, or just to excuse it as being a non issue. Then there was the childish name calling he did on a regular basis. As @Blind_Io pointed out, he set the rules so that he could play it both ways.

He proved by his actions over the years that he was not here for discussion, but to hammer his agenda home. He then fled when he couldn't twist himself around the tool he chose to support.

I am aware, concerning and very similar at how political dissidents were disappeared around this part of the world in the 80s. Except these ones do not turn up as skulls 20 years after the fact...yet. Your point?

Strange thing that it was Barr who got a lot them pardons. Might take a hundred years to undo the damage.

I don't think this will actually do anything, but it shows his bigotry continues.

Here is a bonus. Well wishes for a woman that is accused of helping a convicted child molester.

Who voted for him again? Anyone? Bueller? Bueller?

Sure it does, areas that are more likely to have undocumented immigrants will be under represented.

That is what he wants, but I meant it has no force of law or action directly behind it. The Constitution mandates the census, and it does not give the president any authority over it, Congress does.

Not to continue sounding like a traitor to my compatriots, but am I to understand that you want people who are in your country illegally as active members of policy and decision making?

US census is of ever person. I want the most accurate count as is required.

Not to continue sounding like a traitor to my compatriots, but am I to understand that you want people who are in your country illegally as active members of policy and decision making?

They are not allowed to vote or run for office. The Constitution mandates a count every 10 years, and the Fourteenth Amendment states:

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

So, I want the law of the land to be followed. That means people get counted.

They are not allowed to vote or run for office. The Constitution mandates a count every 10 years, and the Fourteenth Amendment states:

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed.

So, I want the law of the land to be followed. That means people get counted.

This is the bit I was concerned about. Thank you for clarifying. :)

How do you enforce the ban on voting without an ID system? I imagined drivers licenses, but some states are handing those out to illegal immigrants as well. Does it vary by state?

Well you enforce a ban on voting by racist efforts to suppress votes and building a fear that voter fraud actually is statistically an issue when its not.

This is the bit I was concerned about. Thank you for clarifying. :)

How do you enforce the ban on voting without an ID system? I imagined drivers licenses, but some states are handing those out to illegal immigrants as well. Does it vary by state?

Each state has a process you have to go through to get registered to vote. Some are more onerous than others.