Ownership Verified: 2006 Ford Mondeo - Bangernomics Daily Hack

Car's now at 180,000 miles and still going very well. Nothing really to report since last time, although I did fit winter tyres a couple of months ago. Finally getting used today!

Dw0DDfr.jpg

FdQEB5j.jpg

Even Brits have more snow than us. This winter sucks.

Soooo since then, not a lot. Passed 200k last weekend and still going well. Had anti roll bar bushes, new caliper and cleaned the inlet manifold in the last month. Cleaning the manifold was WAY overdue, so much carbon build up. Runs really smooth now. Well, for a 200k diesel.

13344553_1317285778287956_8302381381079517580_n.jpg

Soooo, the blue car is now on 210,000 miles. Unfortunately it finally needed a clutch and flywheel which set me back a few hundred quid, but it's now driving really nicely again.

Also picked up this today, 2004 Ghia 2.0 TDCI, 120k on the clock.
ywvADpW.jpg

GsZscAn.jpg

1GaidUL.jpg

And this was really cheap at the same place so I figured I'd better take this one as well. 2006 Ghia 2.0 TDCI, 140k on the clock.
3UdwdMN.jpg

1RyAPjU.jpg

...okay, the second one has a blown engine, but it was for scrap value. The older one is really nice though, and will help spread the mileage on the blue one. Need some cream leather for it ASAP... Proper pics of both some time it isn't raining.

The mondeo is just a nice looking vehicle. It's not overly fancy or ecobox. It's also not Toyota levels of dullness which is odd.

I still find it amazing how quickly cars deprecate to 0 in the UK. A 2006 Mondeo TDCI with no more than 120k is still worth money here.

CraigB collects Mustangs, Andeh collects Mondeos.

Ford people I swear.... :p

The price of second hand cars in the UK is so insane, as the pound plummets I may have to deal with RHD in Germany just to get some super cheap but nice cars :)

Some sort of mad max style hell occuring around here.

14102346_10209582384452032_793311328854324347_n.jpg

If that car didn't have the Brit/euro license plate, I'd guess this was Alabama.

Reversed the bugger into a very small metal light in the car park at work and caused a ~1" crack in the rear bumper. Really annoyed with myself, but it's such tiny damage I'm not too concerned. Sure it can be fixed with a heatgun and touch up paint, and eventually I'll fit a new bumper.

First time I'd ever hit anything with a car though. :(

On the other hand, 218k and still going strong...