Flight Simulator 2020

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
Who’s got it? It came out last week, where have you gone, what are your thoughts? I found Viktoria Station over the weekend.

10DAD401-5629-4B3A-8CF1-0401E7938EA8.jpeg

Last edited:
I would like to get it, but A) in my opinion, it is to much( I would want the Deluxe version, will wait until I can get it for $50 ish), and B) my video card is the lowest spec, and C) my ram is also lowest spec.

JayzTwoCents had a Ryzen 9 3950, 2080ti with 32GB ram and it struggled!

The ability of Flight Sim to get best of of hardware seems poor.

How to get better performance in Flight Simulator 2020

https://www.tomshardware.com/featur...or-benchmarks-performance-system-requirements

My system is ryzen 3 3700x 32GB memory, and an RX580 card. I found flying at night over Chicago unbearable, but if you don't do that, you can get along ok. I have 28-32fps but honestly, I don't notice it unless I decide to fly super low over populated areas.

Just have to resort to nitrogen cooling :cool:

Yeah I've been playing this a bit, in areas without a crap ton of buildings I've been able to get around 30fps in UHD ultra with my i7-8700K and 1080Ti. Since my games have their own SSD I was able to shove the rolling cache up to 64GB to help. Anyway enough technical talk, screenshots.

I've been doing some exploring - first I found out that there's something really wrong with this bit of Iceland
Screenshot (304).jpg

However I did find the blue lagoon spa
Screenshot (307).jpg

Some other places have great terrain mapping
Screenshot (326).jpg

I then got my company plane (custom livery I made)
Screenshot (334).jpg

Took it to London which doesn't have the Eye yet
Screenshot (343).jpg

Then off to lake Maggiore and Ghiffa, which looks a mess
Screenshot (357).jpg

Plane didn't have enough power to climb out of this valley so I found an alp.
Screenshot (364).jpg

I also went to Chile and found the Andes
Screenshot (377).jpg

Greasy substances
Screenshot (379).jpg

Made some videos too but will keep those for another day.

Didn't know that they trained the AI to land based on American Airlines pilots... makes sense now.

It showed up on Gamepass so I'm messing around a little. So far there's a big problem with Xbox controller support though, it does not recognize the controller triggers as analog so when you press the rudder, it immediately slams to 100%. Also waiting on VR support.

It showed up on Gamepass so I'm messing around a little. So far there's a big problem with Xbox controller support though, it does not recognize the controller triggers as analog so when you press the rudder, it immediately slams to 100%. Also waiting on VR support.

yeah and when I’ve tried with my steel case Xbox clone, it will flutter the rutter, but it’s extreme change that I can’t see accurate with how the plane acts.

I tried it with my Xbox One controller and it's definitely analogue but yeah it flutters around and isn't much use. Really strange because Microsoft built the damn thing.

As I was typing this a small plane flew over, I went to the window to see what it was and there was also a jet in the sky heading for the nearest airport. It was like being in the damn game. The small plane was all over the place, I wonder if it was doing aerial photography.

Last edited:
Yeah I might have misdiagnosed exactly what happens (flight sim noob) but it is definitely not right, the plane wobbles all over the place at the slightest press.

@Matt2000 sent me a couple photos flying over Chernobyl... I need to do that!

I would totally rock that setup!