Ownership Verified: EyeMWing bought a sensible car?

I've got people in my contacts that are listed just as the partsi bought from them. No name, nothing.
I sold a lot of stuff, so my contacts are full of "Daniel Helmet" "Thiago Shoes" etc.

I never save anyone's number, but that's just me. Why have the contact detail of someone who sold me some wheels?

I never save anyone's number, but that's just me. Why have the contact detail of someone who sold me some wheels?

I guess because if the wheels e.g. turn out to have some imperfection that wasn't disclosed in the listing, and you didn't notice at first, you keep the track of seller. Not so much for refunds or anything similar, but it makes sure you don't buy from the same person again easier.

It's all in the mishmash of SMSs, just no saved contact. But this is veering offtopic :p

Because Brazilians LOOOOOOOOOVE Whatsapp, and you need to save a contact to exchange messages.

I have a bunch but they're mainly work related. Due to the influx of spam phone calls, I tend to ignore someone calling that's not in my contact list. If they leave a voicemail, it's important if not, it's spam.

I mean the synergy between this warranty refund check and the warranty refund and the things that warranties probibit is truly amazing.

Some dealers are EXTREMELY mod-friendly, especially Subaru ones because they know about the big aftermarket culture. Others, not so much. I'm pretty sure you can always flash a stock map back on if needed, or even your old stock map.

The sensible car has arrived home, bug splattered and in need of an air-out. I deposited it at the dealer for its state inspection about an hour ago.

A little niggle that showed up on the trip over is that the passenger seat weight sensor is INCREDIBLY sensitive, insisting that my phone buckle its seatbelt. Dealer says this is as-designed behavior.

I shall be using the scrap Impreza to get parts to bypass the hell out of that because yeaaaah no. Probably just gonna take a seatbelt end and and clip it into the socket, so things stay safe when there's an actual front seat passenger.

Also deeply miss heated seats. Going to start thinking over how to achieve that.

Yeah, but why would I spend $5 when I can walk out to the garage with a knife and hack up the seatbelts on the parts car I already own? :)

Inspection complete. Registration finalized. BRZ tags turned in. Now the only thing outstanding is the warranty refund check... And several hundred dollars in tolls I jumped crossing the country both ways because nobody was reasonable about taking cash.

It's two things:

On the one hand, WRX Douchebags. I have some upcoming video content about that, and how Subaru embraces it (there's a marked difference between how I've been treated as an Outback owner, Ascent owner, BRZ owner and now WRX owner at dealers).

On the other, it's because the car is a bit fucking bonkers.

Every car has a groove where it wants to sit. Lowest NVH, most physically comfortable.

With the BRZ as I had it reconfigured, that groove was like 65-70mph in 6th gear. That is, a lot of the time it discouraged you from even going the speed limit.

The WRX... The groove is 50mph in 3rd. Unlimited above that. It also accelerates FAST once it hits boost compared to a normal car and there is no perceptible NVH difference between the speed limit and 100mph.

So if I apply the same mental rules as I used to drive the BRZ (and prettymuch every other vehicle I own) it gets you into heinously illegal situations fast.

Take a freeway onramp. Once you hit the ramp, foot all the way to the floor. By the end of the ramp, you WILL be doing 90+.

Passing a truck doing 5mph under the limit on the freeway? Move left, power gear, foot to the floor.

By the time you're past them with clearance to move to the right again, you're +20mph on the limit.

In regular street cruising, it badly wants you in 3rd gear. Third gear is DANGEROUS because it enters the groove around 45 and exits it around 90, and it's the gear where the turbo is most entertaining. So you can be cruising between stop lights and get a long series of greens and not-so-gradually amuse yourself with the bypass valve noise until suddenly you're doing 90 on surface streets after like 2 pulls. The car WANTS you to be a WRX Douchebag. It encourages it. Rewards it.

And lest you think I've taken the WRX douchebag life to heart, my corner of LA is *FULL* of the damned things. You'll see two or three street parked in any random neighborhood (every one of them either an STI or heavily modified). I was also the slowest one.

Last edited:
I just found it interesting and thought you might have such an insight.

1601248100338.png

First: Obligatory WRX Douchebag number choice ENGAGED.
Second: D-street. Populated at this time by:
A 2006 STI
A 2020 Civic Type R
A 2019 Hyundai Veloster N (whatever the hell that is)
A 2016 BMW 228i

This particular doubleheader event is in a relatively cramped lot with a pretty rough surface. It's also the last two events in the season in any of the local-ish organizations so I don't have much choice in the matter.

I've got people in my contacts that are listed just as the partsi bought from them. No name, nothing.

Just "rear end", then. :p