No 56k: Parked like an idiot

But what are you and the Corvette driver gaining from it?

The idea that I'm annoying the driver.

Why? You need to get over the "Vette" owner shit. Just because you don't like them doesn't give you the right to be a douchebag to the owners of them.

IMG_20201017_18522753d2b44a49ac7047.jpg

At my usual lunch place.

The white Toyota on the left is parked on a no-parking zone marked with yellow lines. The VW on the right usually grabs that spot, but this particular day the Toyota got there first. Chaos ensued when the VW driver had to scramble to find another suitable spot where you aren’t allowed to park. Thankfully he found one. There’s even a big “no parking” sign bolted to the wall in front of his front bumper, for extra style points.

And yes, there’s always plenty of free actual parking spots available here.

DFB76F46-DE2F-4ED7-B2DA-EE3E666490DC.jpeg

Last edited:
IMG_20210503_085414_007.jpg

The person who parked it took like a few attempts to park it like this. And the parking space in front of it was empty.

View attachment 3561530

Parked in a fire zone, I guess because he doesn't want to park at the back with the trailer? Ugh...

This is par for the course at gas stations around here. Some people go out of their way to park anywhere except in designated spots.

It would be so satisfying to be a fire truck driver in a hurry, and get to grab a low gear and push a badly parked car out of the way.

PXL_20210804_173940110.jpg

Additionally to parking in the middle to not allow a second bike there, there is a dedicated bike lot to the right.

View attachment 3562068

Additionally to parking in the middle to not allow a second bike there, there is a dedicated bike lot to the right.

Oh, I thought maybe that was where the trash dumpster goes but some reason it wasn't there when the guy came in to park.

I feel like parking is the most challenging part when you're learning how to drive. I have seen a lot of similar photos and videos on my newsfeed.