Ownership Verified: I made "Someone Else's Problem" my own - 2006 VW Eos

What and where now? Where did I possibly break the seat heater? :D
By elbowing not-sure-how-deep into the bottom-facing heater pad. Same reason why you're not supposed to knee on the seat when, for example, retrieving something from the right rear seat when only the left door is accessible due to garage walls.

By elbowing not-sure-how-deep into the bottom-facing heater pad.
Oh that.. ok.. well, we'll find out :D. The seats aren't great anyway.. especially the driver seat looks crap and has a torn seam, but the seat heater in that one works splendid :D

That is in fact something I have never considered, only the effect on ripping the seats and such.. but it is obviously rather logical. We have considered swapping in a different interior at some point, depending on possible color changes of the car. Factory sets aren't that expensive used. Alternatively maybe just swap the front seats for better identical black ones.

Like, if this was complete with a driver seat, it might be a great candidate for a leather restoration if nothing is ripped... and if it wasn't literally at the other end of Germany, even past @narf town :ROFLMAO:

Or these, if they're actually Eos seats, and in really good shape. Same problem though.. in your neck of the woods, not mine :D

That is in fact something I have never considered, only the effect on ripping the seats and such.. but it is obviously rather logical. We have considered swapping in a different interior at some point, depending on possible color changes of the car. Factory sets aren't that expensive used. Alternatively maybe just swap the front seats for better identical black ones.

Nope, GTI plaid seats or nothing. :)

Nope, GTI plaid seats or nothing. :)
If they fit from a 2 door, maybe Kelly likes the design? Gotta look up the design and show it to her..

-edit-
Quick research shows: Eos has a bigger airbag in the seat, so that would have to be swapped over, for which the seat bolster hast to be modified, and in theory even the intended rip in the seat cover has to be modified... so... let's not swap Golf seats in.

Grow your hair, wear gloves all the time and you could be the German Edd China. It's been really interesting to see how the roof mechanism work with cables and such, I always thought that it was too complicated and you've only proven the point but it was still interesting.

You got a great deal in the end though, previous owner would be kicking himself if he saw these.

I just got around to watching this. If your current job ever gets boring, you seem to be able to do convertible top repairs. :D

well done, I hope this car serves you well.

"Cashback under the seat" is amazing!