The "Things that annoy me" thread

People who line up at the airport gate before their boarding group is called.

Related : people who get up as soon as the plane has landed and frantically get their luggage before the plane has even stopped. You’ re gonna have to wait anyway so why bother? It’s hurry up to wait longer

Related : people who get up as soon as the plane has landed and frantically get their luggage before the plane has even stopped. You’ re gonna have to wait anyway so why bother? It’s hurry up to wait longer
These are the same people that line up at the door of a train 10 minutes before it’s due to reach the station, then spend that time falling into people/things while the train is still going full speed. They usually have cases.

Covid airplane rules have made that part soooo much better. Deplane row by row, with FAs shouting at you if you get up too soon :clap:

These are the same people that line up at the door of a train 10 minutes before it’s due to reach the station, then spend that time falling into people/things while the train is still going full speed. They usually have cases.
They'd do the same on a plane and get thrown around on touchdown, if they weren't made to sit down by the cabin crew...

When people write out a word, and want to indicate that the word is being said in a way that extends it out...and they repeat the wrong letter(s) compared to the letter that is actually extended.

The earliest example I can remember, was a used car dealership in my small town. They applied lettering decals to the windshields of the cars to catch your attention. At the time, "The Mask" was popular and in the current pop culture consciousness.

One windshield said "Somebody stop this deal!"

The one that annoyed me, was another one that said, "Smooookin!"

But...the character in the movie said it with an extended "s" sound, like a cartoon snake ("S-s-s-s-smoking"). But the way they wrote it, was like a cartoon cow. ("S-moooo-kin!")

Today, I saw someone mean "SAAAAAME!" or "SSSSSSAME!" but they wrote it as "SAMEEEEEEE!" which is dumb because that's not the letter that's extended, but doubly dumb, because the "e" in "same" is silent.

Last edited:
Cheap Chinese electric bikes.

I'm seeing them all over up here in Marquette, Michigan. The people on them aren't even peddling, they are just whizzing around on them completely unaware of the rules to use a bicycle on a path or road. While sitting here waiting on the fireworks to start I've watched the same girl go by twice at full throttle down a crowded footpath/bicycle trail, barely missing pedestrian after pedestrian.

Maybe I'm just in a sourpuss mood but I'm overall not enjoying hearing shit blowing up every few seconds this year. :/

Probably has to do with the times I've tried blowing off fireworks and getting caught every damn time. Meanwhile you have to listen to it in the distance or in the case of this year, right next door. The squirrel neighbors are blowing shit up.

So now I’m testing how my 18” 1,000w sub makes it through the basement walls.

Last edited:
Someone here was setting off fireworks on Saturday, I think they got a little overexcited about the football result. Beautiful silence in the skies on Sunday though as there aren't any Americans living around here. :p

The neighbour's garden was a different thing though. Some people lack indoor voices but that lot don't have anything lower than 'shouting across an airfield' voices, which get even louder when they're pissed. They kept singing that stupid football song at the top of their lungs too. I checked with a friend who's a copper and sadly that isn't an arrestable offence. :LOL:

Some people live their life like a stage actor working hard to reach the audience on the last row. Outside. In a rainstorm.

It can be really, really exhausting for the rest of us.

Behind the door for the charge port, on our EV, it's entirely matte black plastic. Unless you're in a well-lit area, it's a black hole. I with the port itself had a chrome ring around it to help locate the port, or even better, even the world's tiniest LED inside this cavity would make plugging in the car at night SO much less frustrating.

Heh, mine has a tiny LED that gives a yellow glow which helps locate it. It pulsates green when charging so you know when it’s properly plugged in. But yeah, all EVs should have this

Car makers should also talk to each other and come up with a standardized location for the charge port. It would be annoying to have a wall box fitted for your Audi E-tron (left side front wing) and then decide you want an E class instead (rear bumper, right corner). Forever destined to reverse into your own driveway. I guess @larswey would be pleased though. :p

Reverse parking on the driveway is how it should be anyway. But I get your point. IMO charger points should be at the rear, since the front of the car is the dirtiest part. Unlike a fuel filler flap, this needs to be opened daily and not weekly/monthly so the flaps need to be sturdier. All EVs I have driven with a front flap (Leaf, Kona) have a flimsy plastic crappy flap. It’s annoying

Reverse parking on the driveway is how it should be anyway. But I get your point. IMO charger points should be at the rear, since the front of the car is the dirtiest part. Unlike a fuel filler flap, this needs to be opened daily and not weekly/monthly so the flaps need to be sturdier. All EVs I have driven with a front flap (Leaf, Kona) have a flimsy plastic crappy flap. It’s annoying

The rear on anything resembling a wagon or a hatchback collects dirt, salt and grime during the winter months. The front just collects bugs.

I personally think I would prefer having the charge door on the wing between the drivers door and front wheel. Easy to get to.

1625560119065.png

I meant more the rear panel where the fuel flap is now. If I were to switch cars I’d have to park my car the wrong way around (rear facing) otherwise I simply can’t reach… I’ve had this witha Leaf but also with a model 3 since the flap is on the left (on my Golf it’s on the right).

I live in a tiny dead end street so there aren’t many people walking around here, but if I were to live on a busy street, this would be a major issue. Is this just a euro thing or do you guys have to park a certain way (nose first, right way of the road) or can you do whatever?

With regards to the flap on the side, this makes using fast chargers quite difficult as the cables are super heavy and short, and this means almost driving into the charger to be able to reach…. An eTron or even Porsche Taycan has this issue whereas cars with chargers in the rear don’t

I feel like it should be on a corner or end to reduce the need for trailing cables and so they reach the furthest. I recently used a charger that had such a short cable mounted on the side of the machine that it wouldn't reach the charging port on the left side of the Model 3 while parked backwards, I had to park in the next space along (non-EV charging space) for it to reach. I can't imagine it would reach the front wing on any car, it was really designed for Nissans with the charge port at the front. Apparently they changed those chargers last month, which is good because they were terrible!

At one point I intended on parking the Model 3 forward in the garage and having the charge point on the left corner would've been perfect, just turns out that it's too expensive to get power to the garage.

Is it that expensive? My setup (just 3,7 kw because of reasons) was dirt cheap, around 500€ installation included.

On the other hand, we do get 220v as standard so maybe it’s quicker/easier for us?

I must say being able to charge at home is key in my whole EV experience. You could just charge on a regular plug if you’re patient and/or don’t drive long distances

Is it that expensive? My setup (just 3,7 kw because of reasons) was dirt cheap, around 500€ installation included.

On the other hand, we do get 220v as standard so maybe it’s quicker/easier for us?

I must say being able to charge at home is key in my whole EV experience. You could just charge on a regular plug if you’re patient and/or don’t drive long distances
Garage is in a block about 20m from the house, running power to it requires a new connection to the grid that would be about £5k all in, that's before the charger is fitted. Don't have a driveway and can't regularly run the required 50m cable across the footpath to charge at 240V, there's also about a 20V drop due to the length of cable. I always intended to charge at work, we all know how that played out.

Once I'm done with the car I'll be able to afford to move. :LOL: