Random Thoughts....

I got an email at work from a Chinese company that amused me:

1626832442992.png

Speaking of strange messages, over the last week I've started to get a bunch of new scam SMS messages about voicemails, they all contain some bullshit URL that's clearly not genuine but some of them are even worse.

IMG_1196.JPG

IMG_1197.JPG

Well damn, you've fooled me. Better open the links. :roll:

Well... not to be a downer or anything, but if it sucks so much, is it likely going to make for any lasting effect? :| Or is that experience maybe even likely to escalate the yoyo-effect after you finish your diet ("finally!")?
You may think from my comment that I'm not a fan of diets (meaning: temporary reduction) - which is true. I feel to have a lasting effect you'll have to enact a lasting change to your diet (damn double meaning: here meant as "entire intake"), otherwise you're just starving yourself (including abovementioned frustration / unhappiness) for a while, to then overeat again (likely worse than before) and begin the cycle anew.

... I'm sorry, I just realized this reads super preachy or educational or something. I've just seen this diet-yoyo-rollercoaster too many times, usually coupled with people getting frustrated why it doesn't work (long term) and friggin stupid dumb idiotic juice CLEANSES or some bullshit like that. I'm sure you're aware of this crap and are trying to make a lasting change, but if the first day already makes you this unhappy and frustrated, I feel like this is maybe not the right way to go :)

You pretty much hit the nail on the head. Reducing your calories and suffering through that initial phase of hunger pangs is rough at first but if you're strong-willed, after the first week it gets a lot easier as your body readjusts.

After a while of eating healthy and reasonable caloric levels that keep you full and satisfied, it's hard to go back to eating like crap. I know everytime I have a cheat day I actually feel miserable at the end of it, and wish I had a salad instead. That turn-around tells me that I'm on the right path and not just suffering through it.

Co worker of mine thought it was OK to have his annual performance review shirtless. He was working from home/the garden and it was flipping hot, but still… dude!

I'm sure I can be a suitable replacement.

• Facepalm
Reactions: LP
The video calling systems are smart enough to change the background now, is the next thing to automatically overlay business-style clothing? :LOL:

Guys my filter is broken so for this meeting just ignore the dress and bunny ears

Ah, so we went from "accidentally" being a cat to a playboy bunny?

Just quit my new job, I'm a seasoned, tested and tru professional, not your errand boy or anybodies bitch, I don't care how long you have ruled over your little kingdom, I deserve respect.....onward!

I thought the two best words were De Fault