Covid 19 CRISIS

Well, Rogan did move here.

Never go full Texas. Never, ever, ever go full Texas.

Honestly, there's a perfect example of someone I have zero empathy for. Push bullcrap = crap your brains out on livestock meds. Here are those consequences you ordered for your actions. Enjoy!

Twofold interesting interview with covid pope Christian Drosten. Firstly, note how the interviewer multiple times tries to pressure Drosten into saying he believes restrictions for those fully vaccinated will be necessary - and Drosten not budging.

Secondly, he believes the UK is well set up for fall since they have 95% immunity coverage from vaccination and infection combined - "but this is something bought at the price of a very high death toll".
He believes that something around 90% vaccination rate wil be needed to get through the cold months without restrictions and is audibly frustrated by the low vaccine uptake in Germany.
I certainly hope that other parts of Europe (say, Finland, where I live) will get at least close to that mark once 6 to 12 year olds are eligible for vaccination.

I'm convinced that with the right sprinkling of Q conspiracy theory fairy dust, you could get these people to use pine cones covered in Carolina Reaper sauce as suppositories as the next magic bullet preventative/cure and they'd be falling over themselves to do it as an alternative to just getting the god damn shot.
We have that already, they're called TikTok challenges.

Is there any entity in the US who is keeping a tally of health care providers who have either quit/retired from the stress of the pandemic and those who quit/were fired for not cooperating with vaccine mandates?

Joe must be getting advice from Alex Jones...

Joe Rogan is a shithead, he has always been a shithead, and he will always be a shithead. And he's the most dangerous kind of shithead because he's a shithead with a huge audience of shitheads look up to, admire, and see as their alpha shithead leader. He's one of the main reasons why MMA fans are seen as racist/sexist/homophobic/etc etc knuckle dragging shitheads themselves, I deal with them on a daily basis.

I forget (because I generally don't give a shit), was he actually vaccinated?

I forget (because I generally don't give a shit), was he actually vaccinated?
Not to my knowledge, and he’s a staunch opposer.

Supposedly he had an appointment for the J&J but it was temporarily paused right before his appointment.

We have that already, they're called TikTok challenges.
Welp, time for the TikTok Don't Go to the Hospital If You Ate Horse Paste Challenge.

Not sure if this has been posted in here yet, but the COVID denial set dying of/getting sick with COVID is enough of A Thing that there's a whole subreddit for it now: https://www.reddit.com/r/HermanCainAward/

Appropriately named, too: the Herman Cain Freedom Award. Rogan's already got a "nomination," I see.

(h/t d-fence)

1630679012401.png

It doesn't surprise me at all to see that there's more than one. Not. At. All. A whole lot "here are those consequences you ordered for your actions" going around lately.

???

Stop doomscrolling. You're not doing your health any favors. ;)

There is a lot of ignoring the issue in the US than anything. The reality is that we in a pandemic and its not going to just disappear Easter of two years ago. People are scared even if they are in denial. It also is showing the inability of the current system with continuing of dealing with the problem. Hospitals are over run:

Its reality and sooner we all understand that the mask and vaccine are only part of the future the better. Maybe that means schools get smaller, maybe it means workplaces change, what it does mean is we need to adapt for a healthier future.