Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

To be honest, just thinking 1996 was 25 years ago makes me feel old.

Also, I’m fully expecting Chaser prices to go up now.

If they re-made Back to the Future and released it this year, and they went back the same number of years, they would go back to the year when Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magic would be on the "New Releases" wall, and the movie theater marquee might have Silence of the Lambs or Steve Martin's Father of the Bride as "Now Playing".

These would be the top 10 TV shows:
1. 60 Minutes
2. Roseanne
3. Murphy Brown
4. Cheers
5. Home Improvement
6. Designing Women
7. Full House
8. Murder, She Wrote
9. Major Dad
10. Coach

That would be nice but those things are crazy expensive, also they're big. By being most Japanese, I mean it's small.

That said, I may have changed my mind now to a 2-seater soft-top convertible with pop-up headlights. Not an MX-5.
FC RX-7? Can't think of that many cars that fit all those criteria, Porsche 944 and 968 aside.

That would be nice but those things are crazy expensive, also they're big. By being most Japanese, I mean it's small.

That said, I may have changed my mind now to a 2-seater soft-top convertible with pop-up headlights. Not an MX-5.
C4 or C5 Corvette...

If they re-made Back to the Future and released it this year, and they went back the same number of years, they would go back to the year when Red Hot Chili Pepper's Blood Sugar Sex Magic would be on the "New Releases" wall, and the movie theater marquee might have Silence of the Lambs or Steve Martin's Father of the Bride as "Now Playing".

DON'T SAY THAT! DO NOT PUT THAT EVIL IN HOLLYWOOD'S MIND! :p

FC RX-7? Can't think of that many cars that fit all those criteria, Porsche 944 and 968 aside.
C4 or C5 Corvette...
I like reading these guesses, sadly it's none of these. The Japanese car I was considering was an Autozam AZ-1, there are a few for sale in this country as Japanese imports. I feel like I would age 100 years in the first 6 months of owning it, having to get 6-foot me in and out of the tiny thing. A 944 is very tempting.

That might help on the convertible because it's also relatively small. It would be interesting to see if anyone remembers that it even exists. :p

Reliant SS1?
Now that's a wedge. I don't fancy a camping holiday every time I remove the roof so it isn't one of those, nor is it a TR7. It has a connection to the Reliant via a couple of hops.

I had never heard of this car until my very first time when I watched a Doug Demuro (or however it's spelled) video on it just this morning!!!
You clearly don't watch Tom's Turbo Garage. Which you should. ? He got an AZ-1 a few years ago. Incredibly quirky.

Elan M100?
Bingo, I was wondering if anyone remembered them. :p

Yes, I'm considering an Elan. I like a lot about it and I understand that it's a lot of fun to drive.

Bingo, I was wondering if anyone remembered them. :p

Yes, I'm considering an Elan. I like a lot about it and I understand that it's a lot of fun to drive.
Of friend of mine had one, and has since upgraded to a 'real' Elan. He loved it, said it was an absolute hoot to drive. I certainly couldn't keep up with it in the corners!

Extra points for sourcing a Kia Elan if you can.

Of friend of mine had one, and has since upgraded to a 'real' Elan. He loved it, said it was an absolute hoot to drive. I certainly couldn't keep up with it in the corners!

Extra points for sourcing a Kia Elan if you can.
Good to hear, I'm not sure if the excellent handling is because of the front wheel drive or despite it but either way if it works who am I to question it? It also has a simple soft top and a decent boot. The original MGF is probably quite close in size and everything else, I just can't bring myself to choose a K-series. As an aside I still fancy a Freelander but it would have to be the V6.

I'm not keen on the bubble rear lights or the steering wheel on the Kia version, cloth or half-leather seats are a requirement and the Elan came with some nice half combos.

So I dont know where I should put this so its going here...

I saw this going through some government auctions. Im trying to peg whereabouts this auction will go. One hand its in guam the other even close to what is book might be worth the cost of shipping. Im guessing $42K

I still own these

image0.jpg

@Matt2000, you can't make posts anymore in this thread,

1633617505065.png

What brand is the pickup? I can't tell. ;)

Anyway, Reddit has unearthed the only acceptable PT Cruiser. There are many reasons, see if you can spot them.

0ji0ra3iz2s71.jpg

Anyway, Reddit has unearthed the only acceptable PT Cruiser. There are many reasons, see if you can spot them.
Yeah, the only thing this has in common with a PT Cruiser is most of the body. So it's barely even a PT Cruiser.

Yeah, the only thing this has in common with a PT Cruiser is most of the body. So it's barely even a PT Cruiser.
Now you say it like that I still think there's too much PT Cruiser in it. :LOL:

The local cops have a new undercover car... or van, rather. A VW Transporter in white with steelies, unpainted bumpers and a roof rack with ladders and stuff on it. What totally gives it away is the fact that it has the LED lights instead of the base halogens. There are plenty of builders around with optioned-up VW vans, but they're all metallic brown or gunmetal wearing nice alloys.

I did get fooled by an undercover cop car once, a brand new (like delivery km) Octavia RS estate. I noticed it because it was new and shiny. I was following it through the town center minding my own business when it suddenly started blinking blue from all corners and pulled someone over to have a chat.

2019_volkswagen_transporter-pic-6410370217619345291-1024x768.jpeg