Ownership Verified: TAXIIIIIII!!! - 2006 Mercedes E200 T Kompressor Manual Wagon!

93Flareside

Sosig
DONOR
Car(s)
See Signature
The replacement to the Astra has finally been picked up over this past weekend! FINALLY FINALLY YEEEEAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!!!!

As mentioned in the "what wagon should I buy?" thread, @Mitchi helped find a sweet Mercedes E-class wagon, known for being the choice in Germany for airport taxis. :)

The original plan was after wiring money and paying for the car remotely, was to meet Mitchi in Frankfurt , have lunch with him and @leviathan. This was so I didn't have to go from one ass end of Germany to the other ass end, because what kind of freak buys cars locally so they're easy to pickup? One problem, Mitchi contracted the 'rona last week and wasn't clear toward the end of the week, so lunch plans had to be scrapped and I instead booked tickets all the way from where I live near Freiburg, and meet Mitchi's friend in Hamburg who would drive me directly to the seller.

First things first, plates and things.

1668435677696.png

Then, a foggy Saturday morning start in my favorite regional train.

1668435714876.png

So then I take the regional train into Freiburg, and transfer to the ICE train north which had no connections the entire way, which was nice. 6 hours journey. :D

Eventually made it to Hamburg station.

1668435889257.png

Everything reminds me of her.

1668436303466.png

And we've arrived.

1668436040401.png

The seller is huge fan of all things Mercedes, older gentleman who has a number old Mercedes, including the one you see off to the side in this photo, that will become is new daily as he sold this E200 which was his current daily driver.

After this, an eye watering 116 euro fill up of dino juice, I went with mitchi's friend to get Kebab, always the most important step of course. We picked up some for Mitchi and +1.

1668436240699.png

The bomb has been planted.

1668436209349.png

After this, Kebab was eaten inside a Prius, Then said goodbyes and thank yous, after I made my drive south of 4.5hrs, stopping in Frankfurt at 11:30pm to meet a @leviathan and have a sleep in what to me felt like an ikea magazine photo op, or Lev's apartment as it's locally known as.

The next day, I left mid-morning to begin the 2.5hr drive south, or less depending on whether or not I took advantage of the large swaths of unrestricted A5 autobahn past Karlsruhe.

Now we're home. 6.5hrs of transit north. About 7-8hrs back.

1668436918708.png

1668436973558.png

1668437000711.png

1668437022950.png

1668437034824.png

Proof pic, although I would think driving up to one of the Admins' house to show off my new toy would be enough, but eh. Rules are rules, I know.

1668437146608.png

Looking at this, any guesses on the mileage? 80,000kms? 160,000kms? Nope, 320,000kms when I picked it up. Yes, that's right, just over 200,000 miles. It is in absoutely amazing condition for the amount of earth this car has seen. I will treat it well and take great care of my new land yacht.

Wow, that's tidy. Very well cared for. A lovely shade of metallic brown too (I don't care if they call it Indium Grey, it's brown). Always had a thing for the speedo design in this era of Benz.

An incredible upgrade over the Ashtray.

On Sunday, while you were bringing it down south, I noticed two of the same model around here, and both in that colour. Damnit, once you know a car, you see it everywhere.

But seriously, nice find. And you can bring the Astra to the scrapper by putting it in the boot.

320k km is nothing. These are made to be driven and used to clock up well over half a million km as taxis. Congrats on the car. Now can we get a video of the Astra being launched into orbit?

Nails, hair….
Is hair still a problem with leather? I've never had a dog but I know carpets and fabric seats love dog hair.

You've got a good (boy) point with nails and scratches. Would be a shame to ruin the seats.

You've got a good (boy) point with nails and scratches. Would be a shame to ruin the seats.
Yeah, gotta keep them nice for the next owner :p

Anyway, congrats! I'm also looking forward to see it IRL :D

Is hair still a problem with leather? I've never had a dog but I know carpets and fabric seats love dog hair.

Mostly like when I had my golf GTI the seat cover was used more to capture the hair I mean it’s still going to go everywhere in the car pretty much but at least on the seat it will be captured by the seat cover. Plus it’s a very nice car.

Thursday deliveries when it says the seat covers will be here

This seems like a really good buy and I was happy to see it happen over Telegram. It's an interesting prospect: on the other hand it's a not-super-expensive used car with 330k km, but it's been kept so well that it would be nice to see the pampering continue if possible. And Merc wagons are tools for achieving something: keep it well and it will reward you with dependable daily performance. This car should see 500,000 km.

Winter tires installed.

EA88C8D3-4D43-4358-ADE0-A253FFA29949.jpeg

85D49AFF-2B83-4A1B-9546-D26E6A7CED3A.jpeg

That paint is really interesting, it's totally different on the two photos. White balance, yo. Which one is more accurate to what you see?

That paint is really interesting, it's totally different on the two photos. White balance, yo. Which one is more accurate to what you see?
The second one I'd say. It's definitely a visible shade of brown, not gray.

IMG_2453.jpeg

The car is awesome, absolutely doesn't look or feel like its mileage, previous owner cared a great deal for it. Very good buy imho, from the brief look at it that I got to take.