Random Thoughts... [Automotive Edition]

Yeah! For years Toyota's design was hugely misguided and produced the most terrible looking designs. They got it right just recently.

Not sure whether to put this here or somewhere else…
Last week we rented a transporter to do half of our moving house early - basically anything we could do without. On a Saturday. Only place left who has anything was enterprise, so there we were and we even got a free upgrade to a bigger transporter (with a box and lift). Price was reasonable.
Tried booking same again for next Saturday. 2.5x the price despite the fact that everyone still has transporters available. Ended up booking with sixt, because they were only like 1.7x the price of last week. Wtf? Is that Just their algo going “last weekend of the month, transporter price go up” regardless of actual demand? Seems stupid.

Last week we rented a transporter to do half of our moving house early - basically anything we could do without. On a Saturday. Only place left who has anything was enterprise, so there we were and we even got a free upgrade to a bigger transporter (with a box and lift). Price was reasonable.
Tried booking same again for next Saturday. 2.5x the price despite the fact that everyone still has transporters available. Ended up booking with sixt, because they were only like 1.7x the price of last week. Wtf? Is that Just their algo going “last weekend of the month, transporter price go up” regardless of actual demand? Seems stupid.

Well...I would have said that this week would be more expensive because of higher demand as people often time moves and projects for holiday weeks, and this week is Thanksgiving...but then I looked left.

Blame landlords and their 'rent is due on the first of the month' bullshit

HACK THE PLANET!

😂 Yeah, the kids need to learn how to stay in rhythm! You can tell we need to increase funds for music classes.

Dude posts a dashcam video of his driving through a specific interchange on the local Reddit sub telling people to slow down because merging at at his interchange is dangerous because people are "speeding".

1) His video was taken at 1AM on a nearly empty highway and he still managed to almost change lanes into someone. Locals are like, "Ha, dude, you should pass through here at 6PM sometimes if you're looking for a deathwish.
2) He lane-changed across multiple lanes without pausing, nearly side-swiping someone who was passing him on the left.
3) he complains about there not being any speed limit signs and that everyone should slow down because of it because everyone it "speeding". The law is that the unposted speed limit of this type of road is 65. Based on the timing of how many road line dashes he passes, he's trying to merge at 45mph.
4) Thankfully there were about 100 comments telling him he needs to take a highway driving refresher course.

Last edited:
Dude posts a dashcam video of his driving through a specific interchange on the local Reddit sub telling people to slow down because merging at at his interchange is dangerous because people are "speeding".

1) His video was taken at 1AM on a nearly empty highway and he still managed to almost change lanes into someone. Locals are like, "Ha, dude, you should pass through here at 6PM sometimes if you're looking for a deathwish.
2) He lane-changed across multiple lanes without pausing, nearly side-swiping someone who was passing him on the left.
3) he complains about there not being any speed limit signs and that everyone should slow down because of it because everyone it "speeding". The law is that the unposted speed limit of this type of road is 65. Based on the timing of how many road line dashes he passes, he's trying to merge at 45mph.
4) Thankfully there were about 100 comments telling him he needs to take a highway driving refresher course.

There are generations of motorists that think "safe driving" is driving slower than everyone else.

I've also heard the "I have a small car, I can't get up to speed!" thing more than once. Look here. If someone pulling 45 tons with a 450hp Scania can merge, or if I can do it in a loaded 1990's NA diesel van with horsepower comparable to your hatchback, you can too. If not, you need to learn how to drive.

Stock price has been tanking for a while

Stock price has been tanking for a while

I am far less worried about the stock price, it is the shady and even illegal business practices that are concerning.