Ironlord
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• Ironlord.... you are just the man i need!!!

you have exactly the car im considering buying so i'd like some of your thoughts on it!

did you test drive the petrol version? if so how'd it compare?
    is the stereo as naff as they say?
    got many rattles from the dash?
    noisey rear suspension?

and lastly, (coz its important) what is road/wind/engine/cabin noise like at motorway speeds?

thanketh ye!
    Great rant on the subject of spelling and grammar not only on the Internet, but very much in the real world. I mean, for God's sake, there are some people on the Intertubes, including on this forum (take for example this guy) who seem to be completely illiterate and unable to craft together a single written word, let alone a whole sentence.

I think that us "spelling and grammar Nazis" should get together and start a campaign to get rid of Internet illiteracy and sheer stupidity. A bit like Jezza's campaign against uselessly stupid road signs.
    Damn... won't let me use the quote tag! Well, here's something for you to read.

Great rant on the subject of spelling and grammar not only on the Internet, but very much in the real world.
    Y'know what? I was just thinking of you as a shining example of how to do it. You remind me of another Romanian I know on livejournal - except, Not A Dude, and only 16. Both of you have perfect English. Absolutely prefect. Or, if it wasn't, presumably you'd accept my advice on correction, as a native speaker. I have no idea when you started learning English at school as I have very little idea of what the Romanian school system was like in the 1990s - which was still the hangover period after Ceau?escu.

I mean, for God's sake, there are some people on the Intertubes, including on this forum (take for example this guy) who seem to be completely illiterate and unable to craft together a single written word, let alone a whole sentence.
    Oh yes, that sandwad. So many people commented on his (I assume it's his) total lack of anything resembling a coherent sentence. The four red lumps on his profile tell all the story.

I think that us "spelling and grammar Nazis" should get together and start a campaign to get rid of Internet illiteracy and sheer stupidity. A bit like Jezza's campaign against uselessly stupid road signs.
    Absolutely. Not just that; after kicking English literacy into shape, my next campaign will be to educate native English speakers in the ways of accents and diacritics. Just about every other language in the world uses them, but Joe Average English Speaker seems to think they're expendable. Listening to as much Finnish music as I do with Finnish lyrics, I know damn well that's not the case. When encountering a new language I always make sure I understand the use of diacritics and accents before launching into it; I have a Romanian example for you. Negur? Bunget have two "official" last.fm pages, the other taking the spelling "Negur? Bunget". I know the second is wrong because there is no "?" in Romanian. The band's logo, in which the "?" appears as a capital A with a line over it is intuitively "?" to Romanians but not to everyone else, and so everyone else was lazy and didn't bother to get the facts right.

I could have gone on so much longer on that rant. Probably to three times its length. But I cut off early to dodge a further hail of bullets. What annoys me most is the use of sloppy SPG and internet twatspeak by those who have no excuse not to know better.

http://forum.rocksoc.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=6

I know most people on the Nottingham Trent University Rocksoc forums. Some of them are as inept with their SPG as sandwad, and these people are going to get degrees! "Shadowking", aka my great mate Damian, is another fearful SPG Nazi who is my partner in crime on that one! Thing is, because he's older than all the students and a lot of a misanthrope, he always gets it thrown back in his face whenever he comments on the tragically poor literary standards. People listen to me, sometimes, as I have a PhD and am clearly a long way further up the IQ tree.

By the way, giving me a + for the rant did wipe out the idiot ninja-minus, and I've cracked 600 now. It was irritating to lose a few points - less than ten, I think - but because it's a less-than-ten hit, I'm assuming it's a not-too-frequent poster who will vanish back into the shadows and never take up my offer to discuss the matter further off of the board.

The friend request will be accepted, although I'm not exactly sure what that entails on this board. I'll even overlook anything you've said about Lewis Hamilton... and I'll relay that in another message, because I've got a lot to say on the insane levels of attention he's been getting.
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…