2011 Formula 1 Season Thread

I've been a Ferrari fan longer than I can remember and I have to say that it feels great to know that my efforts help support the Scuderia. .

And how so do you support them? I mean REALLY support them? I buy Red Bull when I'm at the shops, but I see only two of your cars have horses on them and ain't none of em prancin'.

I bought and I drive a FIAT...u mad? :D

And how so do you support them? I mean REALLY support them? I buy Red Bull when I'm at the shops, but I see only two of your cars have horses on them and ain't none of em prancin'.

I INDIRECTLY WORK FOR THEM (see pic below for ref.). THAT IS HOW I FUCKING SUPPORT THEM YOU TWIT. NOT TO MENTION MY VAST AMOUNT OF FERRARI MERCH.

IMG_20110210_155627.jpg

Cellos, you're not only useless as a troll, but you even are stupid enough to take that bait? I pity you.

Still, the all-caps post is a so obvious netiquette violation that i don't pity you enough to not -rep you.

EDIT: Not to mention the obvious -rep motivation of your stupid inane posts causing a three-page off-topic shitstorm.

Last edited:
Pity me? lol is your sarcasm meter broken? I've never seen such an uptight group in my life. Relax, its the fucking internet.

I keep forgetting that this is the Ferrari(Italy)-haters club where shit talking Ferrari is ok but putting down any other team is just simple blasphemy. Nice double standard you guys have here.

Never mind the shady overtake by Button this past weekend or the other shady shit that they've done.

Pity me? lol is your sarcasm meter broken? I've never seen such an uptight group in my life. Relax, its the fucking internet.

I keep forgetting that this is the Ferrari(Italy)-haters club where shit talking Ferrari is ok but putting down any other team is just simple blasphemy. Nice double standard you guys have here.

Never mind the shady overtake by Button this past weekend or the other shady shit that they've done.

"So, Fernando is faster than you" is just ringing bells right now :roll:

The only person really getting overly aggressive here is you. Both teams have done shady things in the past, it's F1. Both teams want to win. It'd be boring without the dirty work! Now shut up and enjoy it.

The only thing I like about the Ferrari F1 team is Lololonso. Because he's fucking hilarious.
And the Ferrari engineers are by far the most stuck up assholes on the grid, your car qualified 5th and 8th yet they hide it on the grid walk like it's locked out the front row.

The only thing I like about the Ferrari F1 team is Lololonso. Because he's fucking hilarious.
And the Ferrari engineers are by far the most stuck up assholes on the grid, your car qualified 5th and 8th yet they hide it on the grid walk like it's locked out the front row.

It's called pride.

The only person really getting overly aggressive here is you. Both teams have done shady things in the past, it's F1. Both teams want to win. It'd be boring without the dirty work! Now shut up and enjoy it.

Aggressive? hardly. I just stated an opinion. Now let's move forward with this thread already.

When I'm proud of my work I usually show it off, not hide it.

"Here, here everyone! Look how our diffuser works, here, grab a magnifying glass and take a look under our suspension, admire the packaging of our gearbox! Have every opportunity to copy the few good bits we've come up with, free of charge!"

Honestly, wtf.

You see, fans like Cellos is why the sweetest thing in the whole world is a McLaren first and second at Monza... :D

Or Ferrari 1-2s at Silverstone with a McLaren retiring and another out of the points. So gooooooodd

Last edited:
"Here, here everyone! Look how our diffuser works, here, grab a magnifying glass and take a look under our suspension, admire the packaging of our gearbox! Have every opportunity to copy the few good bits we've come up with, free of charge!"

Honestly, wtf.

Who suggested that? I was merely pointing out that hiding your car isn't a sign of pride. Either way, you're not going to discover anything groundbreaking with a TV camera; purposefully standing in front of the camera man to block his view is just a dick thing to do.

Edit: Negged for that? You're like a Ferrari white knight. Do you masturbate to the thought of their F1 team?

Last edited:
Who suggested that? I was merely pointing out that hiding your car isn't a sign of pride. Either way, you're not going to discover anything groundbreaking with a TV camera; purposefully standing in front of the camera man to block his view is just a dick thing to do.

To be fair, many teams on the grid have done this, and Red Bull probably more than the others. It's not a matter of pride or anything, it's all about gamesmanship and reciprocal teasing between the teams.

All the teams are paranoid to some degree about their car design, it's one of the truths of F1. That's why such a fuss was kicked up by Spygate in '07.

Last edited:
Edit: Negged for that? You're like a Ferrari white knight. Do you masturbate to the thought of their F1 team?

Do you want me to follow this post to an admin? Cos that'll end up worse than a negrep, which you deserve, cos you're nothing but picking a fight for no reason.

Do you want me to follow this post to an admin? Cos that'll end up worse than a negrep, which you deserve, cos you're nothing but picking a fight for no reason.

Calm down please, both of you. To quote Frank Costanza, "Serenity now!"

Do you want me to follow this post to an admin? Cos that'll end up worse than a negrep,

Indeed. It will probably end up with you losing your repping ability.

Erm, the teams show off their work by winning races, they have pride in the result of what they have created when it does well. Do you Newey coming out and saying he is proud of what he designed? No you get the driver saying he is proud of his team for putting together an amazing package, the team saying they are proud of the driver, they can have pride in the ability of the car but being proud of the car itself would mean they think it needs nothing else to remain competitive. But teams never think that the development of their car has peaked, ever, they are always looking for areas to improve, always adding bits to retain their edge.

Indeed. It will probably end up with you losing your repping ability.

Peter has a point, mpicco. That's a move i just won't make if i were you.

Wow some of you are touchy.
I really don't understand how hiding your car and being paranoid about people studying it is pride. Yes, you hear the driver congratulate the team on the car but Newey did in fact stand on the grid and say he was happy (read: proud) of the car, he also congratulated the rest of the design team.

I agree that it is just dickish to stand between the TV cameras and the car - it's very rare that us viewers get to see these amazing machines up close so when the Ferrari engineers obscure the camera's view without fail (at least I don't remember a race last year that the engineers didn't hide it away) it's a bit of a dick thing to do.

And I disagree with Bernie, we need more goddamn races in the year. 52 to be precise. Teams should update their cars on the road. It's hell waiting two weeks after the season opener for another race.