Codemasters' F1 2011

A7XFan22

2jbv2ur.jpg

F1 2011?, sequel to BAFTA Award-Winning FORMULA ONE? video game, confirmed with September 20th ship date

The Official Game of the 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP? Coming to HD Consoles and PC in September with New Handheld Platforms to Follow

LOS ANGELES ? F1 2011, the sequel to the fastest-selling FORMULA ONE game ever released, will race into stores across North America on September 20th 2011, Codemasters? announced today. F1 2011, the follow up to the BAFTA award-winning F1 2010?, is in development at Codemasters Birmingham for the Xbox 360? video game and entertainment system from Microsoft?, PlayStation?3 computer entertainment system and PC Games For Windows?.

Bespoke handheld editions of F1 2011 are also in production for Nintendo 3DS? and Sony?s next generation portable entertainment system (NGP), each designed to take advantage of the new platforms? unique capabilities; specific release dates for the handheld editions are to be announced.

In F1 2011 players will be challenged to ?Be the driver, live the life, go compete?, with wide-ranging technical and gameplay advancements on and off track and vastly extended competitive and co-operative multiplayer components. F1 2011 will feature all of the official teams, drivers and circuits from the highly anticipated 2011 FIA FORMULA ONE WORLD CHAMPIONSHIP, including the current FIA FORMULA ONE Drivers? World Champion Sebastian Vettel. The 2011 season also sees the debut of the 2011 FORMULA 1 GRAND PRIX OF INDIA at Delhi?s Jaypee International Race Circuit and the return of the iconic N?rburgring to the calendar.

In production at Codemasters Studios Birmingham, F1 2011 is being developed using the EGO Game Technology Platform, Codemasters? proprietary tech that powered the critically acclaimed, 2 million-plus selling F1 2010?, GRID and currently driving DiRT 3. To get all the news straight from the studio and to win the chance to play F1 2011 ahead of its release, race over to www.facebook.com/formula1game or follow the team on twitter at www.twitter.com/formula1game.

Last edited:
Seems lots of news of F1 2011 is coming out ahead of E3 now, with some screen, heres a list of features I've copied from a thread over on the official forum

Safety Car
2 New Tracks
Improved Handling
Oscillating Bodywork
Improved Damage
Revamped Pit Stops
2011 Rules
Better garage visuals
New Press Feedback System
Dynamic Cloud System
Better damage
Failures
Co-op Career!
KERS & DRS
Improved circuit fedelity
Split screen
Parc Ferm? with animations (Which looks awesome)
A revamped interview system for career mode
Night and Day transition and better lighting in general
Track marshals (can see in screens)

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2011-general-discussion-1403/466895-eurogamer-f1-2011-preview.html

Also some previews

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2011-06-03-f1-2011-preview

http://www.videogamer.com/pc/f1_2011/preview-3012.html

I know that the tyres in the wet are the softs (don't know why they've done this)

F12011_wip_014.png

F12011_wip_010_wet.png

F12011_wip_016.png

F12011_wip_012_wet.png

F12011_wip_008_wet.png

Modern F1 cars are so damn ugly.

I hope they revamp the on-screen timing board. In F1 2010 it's very had to work out your pit strategy when you don't know where the other cars are around you if they're not within 10 seconds or so. I also don't like how you get no real weather updates during the race so you pretty much have to guess and hope you get lucky when deciding when to switch tires.

On the graphics side of things, they don't appear to be as yellow as previous Codemasters games which is quite good. I suppose that would come under the better lighting one. Just as long as they get the problems sorted from 2010 and it'll be good. In all honesty, I'm not really too fussed about the safety car, but in a way it does show that they do listen to the community, albeit the community are a bitchy lot when they want to be on the Codemasters forum.

I'll be content if they fix the pit bug that puts you at the back of the grid and ruins the entire race. Everything else is irrelevant, although, I'd like to see how they implement the DRS and KERS systems into the game.

yea, i'm still waiting for them to fix F1 2010

The only thing that put me off 2010 was everybody saying it was broken, hopefully this being the second game most things are fixed.

Will it have Pendulum like 2010? Listening to Watercolour made sitting in the pits feel epic.

Seems lots of news of F1 2011 is coming out ahead of E3 now, with some screen, heres a list of features I've copied from a thread over on the official forum

Safety Car
2 New Tracks
Improved Handling
Oscillating Bodywork
Improved Damage
Revamped Pit Stops
2011 Rules
Better garage visuals
New Press Feedback System
Dynamic Cloud System
Better damage
Failures
Co-op Career!
KERS & DRS
Improved circuit fedelity
Split screen
Parc Ferm? with animations (Which looks awesome)
A revamped interview system for career mode
Night and Day transition and better lighting in general
Track marshals (can see in screens)

Did they improve the damage? ;)

yea, i'm still waiting for them to fix F1 2010

they said that the first update was the only one so they could focus on 2011.

has anyone been playing 2010 on PS3? i have become adicted to online custom GP mode, 99% of the people in there are a blast to race with. would love to get some people from here to race with me.

The Pit strat really screws me over in this game, I wonder if its better when you play online...

Modern F1 cars are so damn ugly.

I've always said that... but I gotten used to them.
However, yesterday I was watching a recap of Kimi Raikkonen's career in F1, showing a bunch of clips of him racing from his start in Sauber to him leaving... when those early 2000s cars came on the screen I
noyphh-295x300.jpg

I hope Codies does a better job this time around. F1 2010 was a deep disappointment.

they said that the first update was the only one so they could focus on 2011.

And that is why i will never pay for a codemasters product again...

I've always said that... but I gotten used to them.
However, yesterday I was watching a recap of Kimi Raikkonen's career in F1, showing a bunch of clips of him racing from his start in Sauber to him leaving... when those early 2000s cars came on the screen I
noyphh-295x300.jpg

I hope Codies does a better job this time around. F1 2010 was a deep disappointment.

Exactly. And don't forget the the early 90's too...

alain-prost-s-ferrar-9_460x0w.jpg

1990-ferrari-641-2-f1-racing-car.png

2151112623_c37e617092.jpg

Ok, sorry for going a bit off topic. I never played F1 2010, but it does look very good. I wish 'other' racing games had such nice weather effects.

Also, why can't they have some older cars (maybe unlockable) in the game as well? Who doesn't want to drive a Brabham BT-52??

Brabham-BT52-BMW_1.jpg

aka the sexiest 4-wheeled vehicle ever made

Last edited:
they have talked about putting some classic cars into the game or as DLC. They will be releasing the first Dev Diary towards the end of this week apparently