0-60 in 2.9 sec: The production 1018-HP CCXR is here

ahpadt

Forum Addict
Koenigsegg has released some full-on shots of the production CCXR -- probably a new one, and not the 1-of-a-kind CCXR crashed by Top Gear. The biofuel-powered car has a twin supercharged 4.8-liter V8, and will put out 1,018-HP at 7,200 RPM, and you'll get 740 lb-ft of torque out of it.

And if you want to break those numbers down, you'll get from the stoplight to 60 in 2.9 seconds, and the good Swedes claim you can take it past 248 MPH. However, in order to make any use of those numbers you need to first get past this one: ?1,575,000, plus taxes and fees, to take it home. Check out the gallery of pics below, and check out the full specs on the car after the jump.

ccxr_01.jpg

ccxr_07.jpg

ccxr_03.jpg

ccxr_09.jpg

ccxr_05.jpg

that's one ugly spoiler they've got there :?

What's the word for "cool" in Swedish?

What's the word for "cool" in Swedish?
Kul... Put in a sentence, "Va kul..." meaning "How cool..." Or something like that...

Anyway, the CCX was presented in a similar fashion with a bounch of 100% accurate renderings before the actual car was finished. Anyway I cought a glipse of the prototype car on the Bil07 motor show a couple of weeks ago...

P1010012.jpg

DSC01934.jpg

And the CCGT
P1010016.jpg

It looks kinda stupid with the glass covers over the headlights,
the rendering from the first post looks infinitely better than any
other Koenigseggsessggeesgg I've seen.

Yeah, nice. I'll have mine without the red bits.

Gotta change the avater soon, I guess... Hope they make it in Orange as well...

With that much power it can't possible handle!!!! :p

sorry I couldn't resist.

In all seriousness, are they still using that Ford based v8?

They stopped using it for the CCX already.

That's one ludicrous pricetag. And it should go at least 255mph! ;)

Kul... Put in a sentence, "Va kul..." meaning "How cool..." Or something like that...

Anyway, the CCX was presented in a similar fashion with a bounch of 100% accurate renderings before the actual car was finished. Anyway I cought a glipse of the prototype car on the Bil07 motor show a couple of weeks ago...

And the CCGT

Umm, no, "kul" means fun in Swedish. The word for cool is "cool" :)
Then there are synonyms like "h?ftig" and so forth but let's not get into that.

@ thedguy: no, the last car they used the fordbased engine was the ccr. The ccx and forward use koenigseggs own V8 IIRC

In all seriousness, are they still using that Ford based v8?
The engine block is still the same as the 5-litre "Cammer" based on the modular V8. But, evertything else; Sump, heads, internals, intake/exhaust manifolds and so forth are bespoke to the Koenigsegg. The CC8S and CCR used just a "lightly" modified version of the "Cobra" V8 out of the Mustang with one centrifugal supercharger on the CC8S (655 hp) and two of them in the CCR (806 hp).
Umm, no, "kul" means fun in Swedish. The word for cool is "cool" :)
Then there are synonyms like "h?ftig" and so forth but let's not get into that.
I have always been under the impression that the swedish word for "fun" was "roligt". And "kul" is linguistically very closely related to "cool", the pronounciation is very similar, just like it is in Norway... Anyway...

Last edited:
The engine block is still the same as the 5-litre "Cammer" based on the modular V8. But, evertything else; Sump, heads, internals, intake/exhaust manifolds and so forth are bespoke to the Koenigsegg. The CC8S and CCR used just a "lightly" modified version of the "Cobra" V8 out of the Mustang with one centrifugal supercharger on the CC8S (655 hp) and two of them in the CCR (806 hp).

I have always been under the impression that the swedish word for "fun" was "roligt". And "kul" is linguistically very closely related to "cool", the pronounciation is very similar, just like it is in Norway... Anyway...

Yeah, fun can also mean "roligt" :)

Actually i'm almost positive that they now make their own block (or have them made by the same company that makes the Bugatti's block and most of the Ferrari blocks)

Ferrari doesn't make their own blocks? Damn! That TV show on the Ferrari factory lied to me!

So....~$3,000,000USD????? Thats completely ridiculous, even for a hyper car. No car should be more than $1,000,000USD new, I'm sorry.

So....~$3,000,000USD????? Thats completely ridiculous, even for a hyper car. No car should be more than $1,000,000USD new, I'm sorry.

What difference does it make if a car is $1 million or $10 million? People that can afford to spend $1 million on a car could probably afford to spend several times that.