0-60 in 2.9 sec: The production 1018-HP CCXR is here

This car probably has very little new development over the standard CCR (probably just a better tune on the ECU, more boost, and of course the higher octane ethanol) How does this constitute the massive price increase? At least the standard CCR is even within the realm of a dream. This is something else entirely. For this amount of money I would expect way more than "just" 1018hp, and I would certainly expect a top speed approaching 300mph. It costs all that money, and its still not faster 0-60 nor top end compared to the bargain priced Bugatti. You could certainly build a car to accomplish both of these things for way less money. (Twin turbo Ford GT)

Last edited:
MON DIEU! that thing is probably seriously formidable in person.

Oh wait, it's a drawing.

Last edited:
This car probably has very little new development over the standard CCR (probably just a better tune on the ECU, more boost, and of course the higher octane ethanol) How does this constitute the massive price increase? At least the standard CCR is even within the realm of a dream. This is something else entirely. For this amount of money I would expect way more than "just" 1018hp, and I would certainly expect a top speed approaching 300mph. It costs all that money, and its still not faster 0-60 nor top end compared to the bargain priced Bugatti. You could certainly build a car to accomplish both of these things for way less money. (Twin turbo Ford GT)

No offense, but the CCX is at least $800K USD, that's not even remotely close to being a dream car for even the rich. And I assume this CCXR will have barely double digit production numbers, compared to 300 Veyrons total. People will pay for exclusivity.

It's not a dream, Top Gear Magazine have already driven it. Surely that price tag is a misprint though?? Anyway Koenigseggs are rather awesome, I want one. Although I would rather have a Zonda F I think......even if it isn't as bananas.

So....~$3,000,000USD????? Thats completely ridiculous, even for a hyper car. No car should be more than $1,000,000USD new, I'm sorry.

A new Enzo would cost you that much at todays exchange rate...:lol:

What difference does it make if a car is $1 million or $10 million? People that can afford to spend $1 million on a car could probably afford to spend several times that.
That's like saying if you can afford a ten thousand dollar car, then one that costs a few times that is still alright. Kind of :p.

I love Koenigsegg. That's all there really is to it :lol:. And I like that funky, almost metallic red upholstery. I know that's probably the result of it being a render, but I like it.

the CCR was powered by a Ford 4.6L Mod engine, the CCX is powered by Koenigsegg's own twin supercharged 4.7L, and this is powered by a 4.8L. that's more than an ECU tune, more boost, and ethanol if you ask me.:lol:

^The CCR's engine was also 4,7L

edit. And so was the cc8s..

Last edited:
the CCR was powered by a Ford 4.6L Mod engine, the CCX is powered by Koenigsegg's own twin supercharged 4.7L, and this is powered by a 4.8L. that's more than an ECU tune, more boost, and ethanol if you ask me.:lol:

Its still the same architecture as the Ford. They developed some new heads (probably just aftermarket heads), but going from 4.6 to 4.8 liters is not very hard. Its just a mild over-bore. Mustang guys routinely go over the 5.0 liter mark from 4.6 liter engines.

Don't get me wrong, I love these cars. This one is just way to expensive for what it is. It should be Zonda F price, IMO

^The CCR's engine was also 4,7L

edit. And so was the cc8s..

sorry to disappoint you....
Engine
Supercharged 4.6 L Ford Modular engine V8 made of cast aluminium with 4 valves per cylinder
Double overhead camshafts with carbon fiber covers
Compression rate: 8.6:1
Weight: 210 kg (463 lb)
Dry sump with oil spray piston cooler
Oil tank: 12 L (2.6 Imp. gallons), (3.17 U.S. gal)
665 bhp at 6800 rpm
Max torque: 750 N?m (553 ft?lbf) at 5000 rpm
Max rpm: 7300

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_CC8S

Engine specifications
Type: Ford Modular engine V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts. Carbon Fibre cam covers.
Engine displacement: 4.7 litres.
Compression ratio: 8.6:1
Weight: 215 kg
Lubrication system: Dry sump with under-piston oil squirters; oil cooler.
Motor oil: SAE 10W60 synthetic.
Oil tank capacity: 12 litres (10.6 imperial quarts)
Induction system: Sequential multipoint fuel injection. Dual Rotrex centrifugal intercooled superchargers with maximum 1.4 bar (140 kPa) boost pressure.
Fuel: 98 RON unleaded.
Ignition system: Electronic Coil on plug (Direct Ignition - DI).
Engine redline: 7,600 rpm.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Koenigsegg_CCR

and this goes onto the next post....

Its still the same architecture as the Ford. They developed some new heads (probably just aftermarket heads), but going from 4.6 to 4.8 liters is not very hard. Its just a mild over-bore. Mustang guys routinely go over the 5.0 liter mark from 4.6 liter engines.

the 4.7L in the CCX and the 4.8L in this car have absolutely no relation to the Ford Modular V8 at all. both engines were developed from ground up.

Looks epic. Can't wait for photos :p

I don't like the spoiler though. The one on the CCX was subtle and unassuming. For all the craziness of the car, I don't think a mental-looking wing suits it.

Saying "The one" is kinda wrong as they have alot of different spoilers. they have atleast 4 different spoilers that the customer can order..
and thats not counting the one on the GT but i'm sure you can get that on a stock :p

Saying "The one" is kinda wrong as they have alot of different spoilers. they have atleast 4 different spoilers that the customer can order..
and thats not counting the one on the GT but i'm sure you can get that on a stock :p

Conceded. I'll make sure to know what I'm talking about next time ;)

Yeah...

Type: Koenigsegg V8 cast aluminium, 4 valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts.
Displacement: 4.700 cm3
Compression: 8.2:1
Lubrication system: Dry sump with oil spray piston cooling.
Oil cooler.

Sequential, multipoint fuel injection. Twin Rotrex centrifugal superchargers with response system 1.2 bar boost pressure

Power output: 806 Bhp at 6.900 rpm
Maximum torque: 920 Nm (678ftlb) at 5.700 rpm.

the 4.7L in the CCX and the 4.8L in this car have absolutely no relation to the Ford Modular V8 at all. both engines were developed from ground up.

Koenigsegg-CC-Engine.jpg

350%20450%20Crate%20Engine.jpg

The intake even looks like the 99/01 cobra upper.

There is not even a reason to develop a new motor. The Ford 4.6 has proven to hold way more than 1000hp, measured at the wheels, so more like 1300bhp.

Last edited:
In the quote for the first post it says that Top Gear crashed it, but wasn't it a Koenigsegg test driver who crashed it while driving someone from Top Gear magazine?

Koenigsegg-CC-Engine.jpg

350%20450%20Crate%20Engine.jpg

The intake even looks like the 99/01 cobra upper.

There is not even a reason to develop a new motor. The Ford 4.6 has proven to hold way more than 1000hp, measured at the wheels, so more like 1300bhp.

ok, what did i just say? i said the CCX's 4.7L and the CCXR's 4.8L have absolutely no relation to the 4.6L. the one you posted is the CC8S's engine.

oh and i just read up on the CC8S's engine and it says that that engine was BASED off the 4.6L Ford. the 4.7L and 4.8L in the 2 CCX variants are ground up engines and have no relation to the previous 4.7L in the CC8S.